Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Yeah, you have days like that too.

I wanted the first day of the new year to be a very good day, but I probably had too many expectations of it because it turned out to be rather a bummer of a day, at least the first part of it. I made the mistake of going back to bed in the morning and proceeded to have the most awful dreams out of which I woke up crying and upset and I said to nobody in particular, "Oh, that was awful! Why do I have to have such awful dreams like that?" It took me a long while to recuperate, and some cups of coffee, but I didn't get the day right for quite some time after that.
 
On top of that, I think my psychiatrist is right in that he thinks I am taking in too many anti-depressants and even though they were reduced on Monday, I am now still taking two big doses a day and I notice that I react to them strongly by getting giddy. I think they possibly must be reduced a bit more and then be divided in three smaller doses. I will discus that with him when he calls me on Friday. Or rather, I will send him an email beforehand. It's always better if he is prepared with all the information I can give him ahead of time.
 
Speaking of emails. I had not received any emails for almost two days and then found out that my email program was also not sending my emails. I had just updated the email program that comes with Windows 8.1, but I had never been real happy with it and I didn't hear good things about the updated version either. You would think Microsoft would do a better job than that. I decided to download another program and I have installed that and I am trying to work with that as good as I can. It takes a bit to get used to it, so please be patient with me if you don't hear from me.
 
I had planned on going to bed early, but I have changed my mind and want to try to sleep through the night without getting up once. A handyman from the housing corporation is coming at 8 am to fix the toilet which has come loose from its moorings. It moves when I sit down on it. The Exfactor will also be here and hopefully do the groceries for me. The shopping list is ready anyway and, as usual, has been worked out down to the last penny. Despite my little forays into giddiness, I am managing my money well. You see how at least I'm not calling it hypomania. It does not deserve the word.
 
I think I will call it giddiness from now on. That takes a whole load off my shoulders.
 
 

1 comment:

VioletSky said...

I don't know why these programs have to keep being updated - the new and 'improved' versions often aren't any better than the old.

I hope these nightmarish dreams dissipate - or you'll not be wanting to go to sleep at all!