Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Late at night

Now that I've got such a nice coffee table, I really need a better area rug to put under it and I am trying to convince myself that just wishing for it, is also good enough reason to buy one. In my mind I am going over my finances and calculating if it is at all possible. I know I want one of the oriental rugs that are for sale at that large Swedish store and I also know that I can buy one online. All I have to do is take the measurements of the area rug that I have now and find the right sized one on line. It's one heck of a dilemma to find myself in. I will have to weigh all the pros and cons and come to a decision. 

It is nice to spend the midnight hours pondering over such a thing because it does keep me busy and out of trouble. I could be sleeping instead, but that, in comparison, is such a dull thing. You all know by now that I like for my life to be just a bit more exciting than that. Why choose for dull and ordinary when you can live on the edge in whichever way you can achieve it? I will aim for the thrill any day.

Of course, I wasn't supposed to be up right now, but I can claim that every night. This time it was Tyke who woke me up because he had to go out back in a hurry. The truth is, that there always is a reason for me to be up in the middle of the night because it is a habit that I can't get over. I will get some more sleep later, but I will have to get up bright and early because the domestic help will be here on time. Last week, I overslept and sat comatose in my bathrobe in the armchair when she got here and I don't want to repeat that performance. 

I am looking forward to the day and can't wait for it to start. It is like I am about to have my birthday, although there is no good reason for that. I feel that way just for the heck of it. I even have to do a few chores before the domestic help gets here and that should dampen my spirits, but they don't. I will do whatever it takes to have an enjoyable day now that I am capable of it. By that I mean, now that I am no longer feeling depressed. The only thing wrong with the picture is that I am not rich and independently wealthy. 




No comments: