Saturday, January 11, 2014

Do a good deed, any deed...

The drink I like best nowadays is hot milk with brown sugar in it with essence of vanilla as an option. It soothes both my mind and my body and doesn't at all make my stomach upset. I microwave the milk in a mug at full power for 1 minute and 40 seconds and add a heaping teaspoon of brown sugar and stir the milk well. I suppose that ordinary white granulated sugar or honey would do just as well, but I pretend brown sugar is better.
 
I am going to have to start buying more milk which is not regularly on my shopping list and only was the last time because I had a craving for a cold glass of it. My stomach makes terrible noises when I drink it cold, but hot with sugar it doesn't bother it at all. Isn't it nice when you discover something new like that? I don't know what made me think of it, except that I wanted hot chocolate milk but had no cocoa in the kitchen cupboards.
 
My daughter has decided that she likes me again and I have gotten the nicest emails from her just recently. We will give our relationship another chance and remember that a lot gets lost in translation and the fact that we don't see each other face to face. It's hard to communicate through the social media and emails and not be able to see each other's facial expressions and body language. And no, do not recommend Skype to me. I think to be on the safe side, I will build in just a bit of distance until I can see her in real life.
 
My sister and I are going to see the film "Philomena" with Judy Dench in it tomorrow afternoon. I read one review on it and it was a good one and I do like Judy Dench. This is a Dutch premiere and I hope that my sister was on time with making reservations. It will be my treat because I owe her a birthday present.
 
I am feeling amazingly good for someone who has just reduced another medication. I still get slow and tired two times a day after I take the antipsychotics and I don't know what that is all about. No doubt my psychiatrist will have the answer to that. Other than that, I am not experiencing any problems and I hope it stays that way. The whole point is to start feeling better.
 
 

3 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Glad to hear you are feeling stronger, and enjoying your hot milk.

If you're going to go to Philomena, I suggest you take some tissues. Tough story, that one. My wife and I have seen it.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Wisewebwoman said...

I did enjoy Philomena. Well done.

Also I am the other person on the planet who hates Skype. For many reasons.

Delighted about Daughter news.

XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

How nice for you to get hat email!
Anything Dame Dench does is marvelous, so I look forward to that movie. What a treat to go to one! And from your review, it sounds like one to follow up with coffee and a good conversation.
Yay for reduced meds--there's something to be said for embracing your natural highs and lows as part of you.