Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with the old...

I don't know about you, but I am happy that it's going to be a new year because I didn't like this one a heck of a lot. It was way too exciting for me and I don't always like all that much excitement in my life. Having had my share of it this year, I have come to the conclusion that I like a quiet and serene life without all the ups and downs that this one brought. I suppose, if there is anything that I wish for, it is serenity, but that is possibly not my main wish, although it is related to it. If and when it comes true, I will tell you about it. In the meantime, I will be quietly working on it.
 
I am not going to ask for happiness, because despite everything, I did have my share of that. Sometimes, well regularly, I had overdoses of it and that was no fun either, so be careful what you wish for. See? I may have wished for the wrong thing last year. You have to carefully word these things because the Goddess of Fate takes them very literally. Maybe it is better to not wish for anything, but to assume that through your own power, you are going to bring something about. Simply because you made up your mind to. Maybe all it takes is the right attitude.
 
I do symbolically wash my hands of this old year and quietly state to myself, "Good riddance!" I would not want to do this year over again for all the money in the world, that's how much I disliked it. I did learn some lessons along the way, but I am sure I could have learned them a lot easier if I had not been so taken in by my own failing psyche and my shortage of understanding of it. God, the time we waste learning the most simple things. I must be a special hardheaded case with a very thick skull.
 
I wish you all a happy new year and all the best things that life can bring you and the fortitude to bear the less happy ones. See you on the flip side.
 
  
 
 

3 comments:

Gail said...

Happy New Year!

If we didn't have to bad times, we would not know how wonderful the good times are.

Unknown said...

Thank you. That's a good wish and I return it to you. Here's to 2014.

VioletSky said...

A cup of good health and a heaping tablespoon of happiness. My wishes for you in 2014.