Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Do it like this...

I just ate the contents of a small bottle of strawberry sauce because I had a craving for something very sweet and that was the only thing I had handy that was. I got a terrific kick out of it and I feel oh so much better now. What I really wanted was a large piece of chocolate, but I had nothing like that here. I think my brain wanted the sweetness so it would function better and now it certainly is. I may have another search through the kitchen before I am done writing this to see if there is anything else that will perk me up that much. I tell you, sugar does have its use on the odd occasion and after that satisfying experience, I am ready for more.
 
I signed up for a fulltime job on the official employment website of the local and national civil government. You make up your own personal 'work folder' with all your relevant information such as job history and education and the kind of job you are looking for. The website matches you with jobs available that you can apply to, but you can also apply to all the other jobs that are posted there. You get a personal coach and help with your résumé.
 
Because of the unemployment rate at the moment, and my age and limited education, and the fact that I have a bipolar disorder, my chances are not all that big, and that is why I have applied for a job with a call center for which I think I will make a better chance. The wage is not that great to start with, but improves when you get a steady contract, so I have to do some long term thinking and planning. In the end, I would find myself in a better financial situation than I am now and that is what the purpose is.
 
The pain medication is working, but not quite as good as I would like it to, so yesterday I called the GP's office to find out if I could increase the dose. I was told to call back this afternoon when the doctor will have made a decision about that. I get the most relief in my hip, but my knee is bothering me a lot and it doesn't make a difference if I sit down to rest it. The most relief I get is when I am lying down in bed, sound asleep, and in the most comfortable position. If I get a job, I will have to postpone the surgery on it, because I will not be able to take the time off for it and the recuperation.
 
Okay, I am off to go do a search of the kitchen for something sweet to eat. I think I have a jar of honey... 
    
 
 

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

In the best possible scenario, you'll get a call center job that you can do while you're lying down in bed! xoxo

Friko said...

Good luck with the job hunt.
Although I must say that you don’t sound like the sort of person who is fit enough to hold down a regular job with regular hours.