Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wasting time...


The greatest danger of a lazy afternoon behind the computer is that you will end up spending money and I just did. I ordered a pair of boots. I can't get the picture of them, although I tried because I wanted to share them with you. For some reason that didn't work out. They are from Esprit and I got them on sale and saved 50 euros on them. I thought that was pretty darn good and didn't want to waste the opportunity. They were calling my name and they were my size. I'm congratulating myself with my good fortune.

The coffeemaker has been delivered, but I haven't unpacked it yet because I first want to use up my Senseo coffee pads or as long as the Senseo machine allows me to do it. On Monday the Exfactor is going to be here and I will ask him to get the best ground coffee and the unbleached filters when he goes to the supermarket. I would like to get the same brand as the coffee pads I use now, but I don't know if they have that in regular ground coffee. It tastes good and is relatively inexpensive so it would be great if they did.

I'm going to change my bed in a little bit and do a load of laundry. I have some clothes I have to wash and they will go in with the sheets and pillow cases. I will look forward to a clean bed tonight. I always want to make sure that I have something good to look forward to, no matter how small the event is. Yesterday it was a chocolate bar that I had saved from my trip to the tobacco shop. It was a real treat. I do like chocolate so very much and allow myself to have some about once a month or so. I think having it more often would be dangerous.

I haven't been on the bathroom scale for a while, but I rely on the way my clothes fit me to know if I'm gaining or losing weight. I seem to be okay and I don't want to neurotically step on the scale all the time, although there were periods when I did that. I've broken myself of that habit. I don't worry about how much I weigh. I worry more about how my clothes fit me and about how I look. If I feel good about myself, I don't worry about anything at all.

It's been a warm day. Outside it is 27C and inside it is 25C. I have the back door open and I just opened the kitchen window to get a draft in here. It is very pleasant because I'm sitting right in it. There are some clouds blocking the sun every once in a while and tomorrow we are supposed to have thunder storms. On Monday it's going to be cooler and it's going to rain again.

Tyke is lying by my feet and is sound asleep. We've both had kind of a lazy day, caused by the warmth, no doubt. It isn't so hot that it is unpleasant, but it is humid so you don't want to do too much. Besides, it's weekend and we're not supposed to exert ourselves. Tyke has the right idea when he lies down on the cool linoleum.

I fell asleep on the sofa at noon, quite unexpectedly because it was not in the planning. I was confused when I woke up and tried to figure out what time of the day it was. I was discombobulated. I only slept for about an hour, but it was enough to make me think it was evening and that I should get ready to go to bed. I wouldn't have wanted to without the clean sheets. I was surprised when I saw what time it was and had to have a cup of coffee to clear my head. Then my sister called and I could hardly have a conversation, that's how muddled I was. Not how I am when I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm ready to tackle anything at all.

The good summer smells are coming in with the breeze through the open window. If you could bottle that smell and spray it in your living room in the wintertime, you would be a happy person. It smells like clean laundry. Very fresh and invigorating. It makes you want to be outdoors with a picnic and a bottle of wine in a meadow by a creek. There would have to be trees, of course, for the shade. And a tall, handsome stranger. Hey, I'm single. I can wish for tall, handsome strangers.

Okay, I'm going to change my bed and do a load of laundry. As if I have to stand there and churn the washing machine.

Have a good day!

Ciao,
Nora

6 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

tall hansom strangers sound like fun lol...we are having a nice day too (26C) and the boots sound like a very good deal , i hope they will be very comfortable. My favorite and most comfortable winter boots i got the same way, except they where from land send...nothing like a good pair of boots for the right price. enjoy your weekend

Maggie May said...

I love that word.... discombobulated!

You are very lucky being able to get shoes/boots without trying them on. I couldn't do that.
You must have very standard sized feet! Something to be contented about! :-)

I have had a warm, dry day by the sea.Lovely!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Babaloo said...

Ha ha, I'm like Maggie May, wouldn't dare order shoes or boots online! The only shoes I ever bought online were my Crocs and they're so wide fit anyway that they'd fit any kind of foot. Can't wait to see your new boots!

Sounds like you've had a good day, hope tomorrow is just the same!

Bernie said...

I ordered my UGGS online from Australia as well as for my nephew and his family last Christmas. I have had mine for 3 winters and love them, fix no problem but my my nephew`s family still are not pleased with the sizes.....have sent them back 3 times......
We are having a thunder/lightening storm right now and the power is flickering. It is good as it will clear the smoke and ash from the air. It was better today but still bad, tonight the wind shifted and now with the storm it should be very good tomorrow.
Have a great Sunday.....:-) Hugs

laurie said...

soulmates! i just ordered a pair of red sandals. even though summer is almost over....

lebanesa said...

enjoy the warmth
hugs
xxx