A dear sweetheart of a lady, and a fine artist, Diane Clancy, was kind enough to give me this Art Blog Award and it makes me feel very good all over. Thank you, Diane. In return, I have to reveal seven facts about myself and pass this reward on to seven other people. Officially, they are supposed to be artists, but I think that includes people who write exceptionally well too.
1. The very anticipation of springtime makes me high in my head and makes me feel as though it is already happening when clearly it is not.
2. I am very fond of chocolate in all forms, shapes or sizes. I think handmade bonbons are worth their weight in gold and should be eaten as if they were gifts from the Gods.
3. I love nature, but I equally love downtown with all of its crooked little streets and the cobblestones that twist your ankles and the shops and the crowds and the cafés.
4. I love people watching and imagining a whole life for them and the relationship they are having with the person who is with them.
5. I think children and animals are the most vulnerable creatures that exist on earth and we all ought to do the utmost to protect them from harm, everywhere in the world.
6. I love to watch huge swarms of birds fly in unison across the sky swooping and turning as if they are one big entity.
7. Wild mushrooms, if picked carefully, are very good fried up in real butter, eaten with freshly baked bread.
Now I have to hand out this award to seven other people.
I give it to:
A Soul Among Found Objects,
Constance Rose Textile Designs,
An Aerial Armadillo,
Art by Lisa Sarsfield,
The many hats of Debi Cates,
The Artful Eye.
There you are, I hope I have been able to make you all happy with that today.