Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Amongst other things.

I slept 9 hours last night and I am proud of myself. I wasn't sure what time it was when I woke up, because it was gloomy outside and my alarm clock sits on the highest shelf so Tyke can't get to it. But then I got up and saw what time it was and was mighty satisfied. I went to bed early last night, so that I could catch up on my sleep, having not slept properly the night before, which was a foolish thing to do and which I should not repeat. I woke up at midnight to go to the toilet, but had enough sense to go back to bed and I didn't lie awake thinking about the computer and how much fun I could have with it. I was sound asleep again within half a minute. Which goes to show you that I need my sleep just as the next person does and that it's silly to force myself awake in the middle of the night with a cup of coffee. It only upsets my rhythm and causes me nothing but a lot of inconvenience. So, I'll let this be a lesson to me that I mustn't forget.

I took Tyke to the vet yesterday and even though Tyke has been there now for two operations, he has no fear of being there and no fear of the vet. He waits patiently for it to be our turn and is fascinated with all the other people and animals that are in the waiting room. He harbors no ill feelings toward the vet and allows him to examine him and treat him. Tyke has an inflammation of his eye and the vet gave me an antibiotic ointment to apply to it 3 times a day. Already, after 3 applications, his eye is starting to look a lot better, which gives me hope that everything will turn out well. Tyke is good about me applying the ointment. He patiently waits for me to put it in and gently rub his eyelid so that it's spread well over his eye. He really is turning into a good dog.
The domestic help was here yesterday afternoon and cleaned everything that was already clean and some things that were not. I think her heart is in the right place, but she doesn't see the things that are very obviously in need of care. She's got a bit of a one track mind. She's a very nice girl, though, and I hate to hurt her feelings, but she's very obviously blond. And naturally so. I am too, so I know what of I speak. I know how ditsy I get myself. I think the other domestic help is right, though, and I may be better of with just her. A lot more things will get done, probably, and the place will get really clean. We'll see how the tale unwinds.
I can't use my bathroom scale. Water from the shower has gotten into it and I can't read the display. I will have to take it apart and dry it. The battery still works , because it makes an attempt to form the numbers, but I can see a drop of water behind the little window. I feel skinnier, so I'm sure I have lost weight. I can't wait to see how much.
I thought I had an appointment with my psychiatrist this morning, but just to make sure I called to check if this was right and it is a good thing that I did, because the appointment isn't until Thursday afternoon, when I also had written one down in my agenda. I didn't know which was the right appointment. One of them had been canceled, but I didn't know which one. I was ready to just go, because I thought the other appointment was for him to call me, as I had written that down beside it. Sloppy administration on my part. I must have been really confused, as I do sometimes get when in a higher based mood. I have small periods when I'm a bit hypo manic. They don't last long and I'm not worried about them, but for a while I'm as high as a kite and I have to wait to get down to earth again.
Gandhi has been sleeping on Jesker's pillow since I moved it. She was always the one who loved Jesker most. And Jesker loved her the most. Tyke doesn't want her on the pillow and half lies down on it when she's on it. Then he starts nudging her to get her off. I'm going to wash the waterproof cover to see if I can get it stain and smell free and if Tyke will lie on it then, but it may be as the Wise Web Woman says and he will never take to it and require his own pillow.
I've got to get going now. I've got ants in my pants and the need to move and get some things done. Lord only knows what's wrong with me.
Have a happy day.
Ciao,
Nora

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

glad to hear Tykes eye is improving and don't let those ants go to waste lol ♥

Bernie said...

I wish I would get some ants in my pants and move more. I have only done my laundry today so far and have been on the computer ever since. I find I have so many blogs to visit that I haven't had time to post myself.......so glad Tyke is doing better......:-) Hugs