Friday, June 11, 2010

I guess not...

I had a cup of coffee and that lifted me right over my sleepiness and now the hands of the clock are starting to move toward the morning hour. One of the things I have done in the meantime is simplify the background of my blog to make it less cluttered and easier to read. Sometimes you have to go for the very simple design and not for the busy, full colored one. That's not always as obvious as it seems, but I did figure it out in the end. Less is more, as my friend Laura used to say.

Did you see that Blogger has a new feature? They now have "Design" instead of "Lay Out" and you can custom make your templates. It's more interesting than it was before, but that's not where I got my background. They do have some more interesting templates to choose from now, though, and more options for the colors you want them in, so it's not bad if you just want to stick with them. If I hadn't already picked out my background, I would have been tempted to go with one of theirs. I still may change my mind. you know how fickle I am. If it's there and it's available., I want to use it. Why let a good thing go to waste? I always want to try something new.

I've completely woken up now and will greet the early morning that will start with birdsong in about half an hour. That will be the official start of the day. Sometime after that the sun will come up, although it will most likely be overcast again. The temperature today is going to be 26C and we're expecting some rain this afternoon, but I won't hold my breath for it. It was predicted yesterday too and we never had any. I think we're too far south for it, tucked away in the valley of the Meuse.

I think the best thing I can do is take Tyke for an early morning walk, now that I'm wide awake and no longer under the influence of my nighttime pills. They're completely out of my system. I had taken them on time yesterday thinking that I would sleep early and long, but it didn't work out that way and turned into a nap instead. That's such a let down, when you're ready for a long sleep and it turns into a popcorn fart. I feel cheated out of my sleep, but no doubt I will make up for it later in the day. There's always the sofa to go lie down on for a few hours.

The first birds have started to sing early. They start earlier every morning and ever so cheerful. Birds must always be happy in the morning, how else could they sing such beautiful songs? I suppose they're not worried about hat sparrow hawk I saw the other day. We also encountered a dead pigeon on the sidewalk without a head. Tyke wanted to take it home with him. I didn't think so. I've seen more appetizing things.

I had changed the sheets on my bed, but now I've hardly slept in it and I was all ready for a long night. I washed the ones that were on my bed, because I'm completely caught up on the laundry. I have to go hang them up to dry in a bit. This way I'll never run out of clean sheets. Well. it's actually not the sheets I'm worried about, it's the pillow cases. I use four of them at once and run out of them. I have to invest in more of them, but have to go to Ikea to do it. They have the right size pillow cases there. A trip to Ikea is always interesting, of course, because of all the wonderful gadgets you can buy there.

The personal helper is coming in the morning and just as she's about to leave, the domestic help gets here. The one that works so hard until she's got a backache. She's an amazing worker. I don't want her to get a backache and she can take it a bit easier if she wants, but she doesn't want to. She likes to go hard at it. I thinks she likes to be really worn out after a job. It gives her a feeling of satisfaction.

The personal helper is a very maternal type, even though I am older than she is. She is a caring kind of person who mothers you. Although I won't say that I need to be mothered. It is nice to have someone be kind to you, though, and tough at the same time. She makes sure I do the things I'm supposed to do. That I'm committed to. We're supposed to go to the store together one of these days. I think I will make it an errand to the post office. That will give us a chance to walk there and not have to haul groceries back with us. I don't think I can carry groceries that far.

I think I will go look at the Blogger designs now and see if there's anything I want there. I am curious. It's also starting to get light outside, so in a little while I'll be able to walk Tyke. It will be real early, but it will be nice and cool. No dew treading yet for me, though. Tyke will want to walk in the wet grass and get curly fur. I always looks like he's been for a perm.

Ciao,
Nora

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, no more cheerful sunflower? Oh well, it doesn't matter to me, because your latest background has a lot of PINK in it! And of course, that makes me happy!
Hope you have a good day, despite the early rising and the inevitable napping to make up for it.

Lane Mathias said...

Well this is a very pretty blog to stumble onto this morning:-)

I hadn't noticed the new feature in Blogger. It's nice to see some new templates available at last.

Have a good day. Still mild and drizzly here but it's still early.

Maggie May said...

This one is lovely, Nora.
I have seen the new ones on Blogger too. I am so boring sticking to the one I originally chose.
Hoping today brings other good things.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

CorvusCorax12 said...

it is fun to see something new here all the time...whatever floats your boat :)
have a great weekend ♥

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. I love your new colours and watercolour type of design. Pinks and watercolour are 2 of my favourite things! So at least you've made someone happy here!

26 degrees sounds a little warm to me. It's been lovely and cool here the last week. Cold and raining! At least the weather has been good (by my definition). I have nothing to complain of on that score.

I always have to carry my shopping between 15 and 20 minutes depending on what store I go to. It's only difficult when I'm not used to it. Otherwise I simply build up enough shoulder and arm muscles to cope with it.

Of course I still spend most of the time on the way home cursing! But I know it's good for me.

Hope you have as good a day as possible.

Bearfriend xx

Gail said...

Eye opening blog art...looking good.

Bernie said...

You sound good my friend and I like to hear that.
I hope you had a wonderful day and your home is cozy and clean.
.......:-) Hugs