Sunday, October 06, 2013

That's the way it is...

Because most of the books on my bookcase are in English, in the end, that is the language I end up reading in, and I am now reading Bill Bryson's 'A short history of nearly everything.' The chapter on the origin of the universe alone is worth it, because it is an incomprehensible event that is hard to wrap your mind around. Because I read it before going to sleep, I nod off over it and have to take my glasses off and turn of the light on the nightstand some time later when I briefly wake up. I am hoping that this kind of literature will be of influence on my dreams, but I have not noticed the effects yet.
 
It is a bit of a challenge to read in bed, because Gandhi wants to lie on top of my book, and no matter how often I push her away, she comes back just as quickly to try it again. I have to find some sort of compromise and read around her and stealthily move the book without her noticing it. It is her habit to sleep as close to my face as possible when we go to bed and that is just where the book is. Of course, she is purring away cozily while all this is happening and I feel bad for disturbing her peace and quiet. In a friendly way, she can be very obnoxious.
 
I am learning to live with the errors of my ways and I am almost to the point that I can forgive myself for being human. Some of the problems that I am dealing with are beginning to resolve themselves in small increments and maybe soon, they will be out of the way completely. Everything you do in your life, and especially that what turns out negatively, is a lesson learned and an experience to look back on later, so you won't make the same mistake twice. The advantage of being older, is that you learn your lesson quicker and don't stub your toe on the same stone over and over again. At least, that is the premise.
 
Tomorrow in the afternoon, I am seeing the rheumatism nurse and I am very curious as to what she will have to tell me. I do think this fibromyalgia process is following a very strict protocol and I must say that I appreciate that, because it means it is being taken seriously. There would be nothing worse than having it be treated as something that is all in my mind and not as an acknowledged form of rheumatism.
 
My blood sugar is plummeting, so I have to eat something quickly.
 
 

4 comments:

Friko said...

I’ve just caught up with your posts. Dear me, you have been in the wars lately.

Sorry about all the aches and pains, the human ones as well as the physical ones.

Try to take care of yourself, you already have enough to cope with.

Good luck.

Maggie May said...

Hope the rheumatism nurse will be really helpful.

Bill Bryson is best noted for his travel books and I have enjoyed quite a few.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

I enjoy Bryson and his take on life and the world.

Take her easy, as we say out here...

XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

I adore every word Bill Bryson wrote. Glad you have him to keep you company while you are in bed;)