Thursday, October 24, 2013

Clothes make the woman...

Since my right bun hurts so much less now than my left one, I have great hopes for that one and can only expect it to get back to normal quickly also. The proof will be in the pudding when I go walking today with the sportive walking group. I will either be able to keep up or not and I hope for the first. I have to tell you though, that I sit like I am sitting on a cactus and I get up like I am a very old lady. Well, I actually hope that when I am a very old lady, I don't get up like this but am more supple and free of pain than this.
 
My yoga cushion was delivered yesterday and a very nice one it is also. Because I had never bought anything from this online company before, I thought maybe the cushion might not be as good looking as it did on the photo, but it actually was and it came with some extra stuffing also. This is how those companies built their good reputations and I will always go back there if I need anything else, like a luxurious sheepskin cover to put over my yoga mat. But that is something I can only dream of.
 
Because I am a woman, I was nicely dressed yesterday in an outfit of clothes that I had not combined before. I like when these happy accidents happen, because that is what I call them. I don't set out to pull that outfit together, but somehow I run into the right pieces of clothing and realize they all go together to make a nice whole. It must be because I basically like certain colors and patterns and it turns out that lots of things can be combined. I do have my favorite items, but try to include the less obvious ones also so I can surprise myself. That does remind me that I have to buy a new solid air freshener for the closet.
 
Because I was so sore yesterday, I did not do any yoga on my own and was also totally not motivated. It turns out that I like that day off to do other things that need to be taken care of and I like to do them leisurely. One thing I had to do, was get on my bike and go to the pharmacy to get the medicines that were waiting for me there, and I had to buy some more paracetamol. A stiff wind was blowing and I had to ride into it on the way there, so I had my exercise for the day. It is true that I had the wind in my back on the way home and that was a lot easier.
 
There was nothing refreshing left to drink in the house yesterday, but then I discovered the Schweppes tonic water that belonged to my American ex and, although I had never tasted it, I decided to give that a try. I drank it over ice (without the gin) and it turned out to be a great thirst quencher. It only took a couple of sips to get used to the taste. I can see how I could totally get hooked on this stuff, but I first have to find out how many calories there are in it. If there are a lot, I may as well drink cola because I like that a lot also. Or should I choose for bubbly water?
 
  
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Watch out for tonic water -- it's loaded with high fructose corn syrup, the WORST sweetener there is. I stopped using it a couple years ago for that reason.

Wisewebwoman said...

Depending on how much you drink (I personally love carbonated water!) it might be worth your while to invest in a soda maker. Mine paid for itself in less than 6 months and no waste as the canisters get refilled when empty.

XO
WWW

Gail said...

Glad you're still enjoying these activities. Heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

I like my tonic water with gin;)
Isn't it serendipitous when an outfit comes together and you feel beautiful?