Sunday, October 20, 2013

Just another Saturday...

To say I had a dull and boring Saturday would probably be exaggerating things a little bit, because I don't think things are ever that dull and I rarely get bored, but then again, nothing much exciting happened. That may be a good thing, because it means that the day went by without any mishaps, but it is not as simple as that. I do want some excitement in my day to break it up a bit, and some sort of event would have been welcome. I am trying to remember now if it did, but I think it was just a day of no high or low points, so I had no rollercoaster rides.
 
Perhaps the most exciting thing was the dinner I made for myself, which consisted of a very smooth and creamy broccoli mash with some braised pork and thick gravy, although I have to admit that I couldn't finish the pork and gave what was left over to Tyke. However, the mash with the gravy went down well and I think I gained a kilo by eating it. It was just plain evil eating and I must never do it again. I am better off eating pasta in which I also put evil ingredients, but I tell myself they are healthy because I cook them in olive oil.
 
It doesn't matter that I have gained weight and am starting to get a bit of a stomach. I accept that as being nothing more than the natural effect of being past middle aged and having the natural spread of all women my age. I am not vain enough to seriously be concerned about it and I do like myself better now than when I was skin and bones. My pajama pants were tight when I put them on last night and I could not loosen up the drawstring, so I put on another more stretchy pair. At least I am eating now, which was so difficult before when I never cooked myself a meal and was probably starving.
 
I am faithfully taking my vitamins and all the other food supplements in the morning, and let me tell you, they are big pills and I am amazed by the fact that I can get them down. I have decided not to be the least bit intimidated by them and drink large amount of water while taking them. They are almost like having a meal, although I know it is the fact that I take stomach tablets that  helps keep them down.
 
I had awfully sore shoulders yesterday from having done the Tai Chi. It was the very ends where the joints are that hurt. It wasn't a muscle ache, it was a joint ache. I lived on paracetamol and noticed it very quickly when the anti-inflammatory pill wore off. The rest of me wants to ache too, but if I take that pill on time, I am okay. I know the muscles around those joints will build up over time and become stronger so I will have less pain. At least, that's the theory. And I am not about to quit because of a little pain. I like to suffer too much. When it comes to that, I am a true Calvinist and Dutch woman. I may complain, but keep hanging in there anyway. I need to show a certain amount of stoicism.
 
 

1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I do loves me grubs. We could cook for each other.

I had lamb roasted with veggies tonight. On the wood stove. Bliss. Ansa got a huge plateful.

My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

XO
WWW