Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Staying calm in spite of myself....

I am temporarily in discord with  a close family member, because I have my opinions and will stick to them. No doubt everything will be resolved, but it doesn't feel all that great while any of this is taking place. Her way of dealing with this unpleasantness is to discard me like a disposable object, but I won't accept that and am making her face the awkwardness and the pain of the disagreement. She has discarded me numerous times in the past and I will no longer go along with the program. My approach is very militant. I will not go away.
 
I had said that I would not make a lifestyle out of having fibromyalgia, but I do have to say that these past couple of days it has severely cramped whatever style I do have. The cold east wind has brought pain to all my joints and even picking up a cup of coffee hurts. I try to ignore this and move as if nothing is the matter, but there are times when that is not possible and I do grab an extra paracetamol which takes the edges of the worst pain.
 
I tried to do without the Celebrex, but that was so unpleasant that I started taking it again no matter what the rheumatologist said about it. It is very difficult not to take a medicine that will bring you some relief when your joints are aching.
 
I contacted my psychiatrist, because I had promised him that I would keep him up to date on what ever was going on with me physically, and he said that a shortage of vitamin D can affect you mentally as well. He did say to be careful not to take too much of it, because it is possible to get an overdose of it. It helps that he was a practicing GP before he specialized to become a psychiatrist, because he knows about lots of things.
 
I have got a day off today in which I have no obligations other than the very personal ones I always have, such as walking Tyke. I am very much looking forward to the day and will take advantage of the free time by mollycoddling myself. Yesterday I took Tyke for a walk that was twice as long as our usual one, because I figured that I needed the extra sunlight. Tyke enjoyed it too. I take the lead and he dawdles behind me. I greet everyone we meet and we are starting to have friends all over the place.
 
 

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

Sorry your pain has been so bad. Also sorry about your sister; hope she comes around soon. Amazing, isn't it, how small-minded some people can still be, in this day and age. Much love.