Friday, August 09, 2013

The little things...

It's turning out to be a real pleasure to drink a mix of decaffeinated and regular coffee, because as a result, I am a lot calmer and also no longer beset by heart palpitations. I was ignoring the latter, figuring they had to do with stress, not realizing they were a result of me drinking all that caffeine. Looking back on that now, I think I must have been a fool not to have put two and two together and seen the writing on the wall. Of course all that horrible caffeine caused me to be wound up! I just didn't remember what it was like to be without. A little bit of it goes a long way.
 
In a while, it is going to be Friday and that is one of my favorite days of the week. I usually don't plan anything complicated for this day and if something like it does come along, I deal with it and pretend it didn't bother me one bit. If I do have chores or other jobs waiting for me, this is not the day that I do them on. I save the weekend to do them. I want the last day of the working week to be something special. If I had the money, I would go into town today and treat myself to lunch. Instead I will treat myself to lunch at home, which is almost just as good.
 
I don't think I have to go see my GP about the fact that I have osteoarthritis in different parts of my body. Just from my own experience, and reading about it, I can make my own deductions and don't think I need his stamp of approval. I can't twist open a jar of applesauce without having pain in my elbow and wrist and hand, and I think that says enough. I also have it in both shoulders and the pain radiates to my neck. It could be easily mistaken for pain resulting from stress and I would start to think I was a very uptight person. I will have to get a gadget to help me open jars more easily. That would be something I could ask for for my birthday.  
 
The itching on my fingers is getting better thanks to my faithful application of the ointment. It really does help and what I have now is some peeling skin. I will keep applying the ointment until everything has cleared up. It seems most everybody comes with an instruction booklet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: