Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fron the inside out...

I don't know if this is going to be a very cohesive post, because I am still not quite awake yet and I am drinking coffee that's still half decaf. I don't dare drink regular coffee for fear that it will get me wired too much and make me do funny things. Maybe funny (ha, ha) to you, but not at all funny to me. It does mean that I have to drink it twice as fast to feel any effect, and any minute now I am going to be wide awake.
 
But please, don't hold your breath waiting for that moment, it could be a while in the making. I have eaten a banana to get some sugar to my brain quickly and help me think better. I think that is taking effect now. An overripe banana must have twice the sugar as a still slightly green one, and this one was overripe.
 
I think I have really messed up my knee trying to lift up Tyke on the examining table at the vet's. It is hurting more now than it did before the surgery and I have to take pain medication just for its sake. It gets especially sore if I sit in the same position with it for any length of time and the best thing is to keep moving around, and walking and riding my bike seem to do it good, as long as I don't overdo it. It does swell up at the end of the day and then I clearly have to put it up and rest it. I will wait until next week until I decide what to do about it.
 
I visited my friend Lucienne yesterday and I got the biggest compliment when she told me that she thought I had gained weight. I was so skinny before and I do like the more full figured, feminine shape. The trick is to not gain more weight than this. Last night I had some chili con carne with pasta, and I have to tell you that it tasted very good and that I ate as much as I could stand. I am definitely having this dish again soon. I am not giving up my love for good food for the sake of a pound or two, and I have done without good food for a long enough time.
 
Lucienne has a new little dog. She picked it up from the shelter and it had been a stray. It's a smart and sweet dog who already knows his name. We took to each other right away and were friends in no time, but you know how it is with me and dogs. I just like most of them. I wanted to take him home with me, but I don't think Tyke would have appreciated it. Tyke likes me all to himself.
 
I have to go grocery shopping in the afternoon and I'm looking forward to it. It will be fun to decide what I am going to eat this coming week. I've got lots of ideas.
 
 

3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Sounds like a lovely day but too bad about your knee :(

yes, I plan my meals too ahead of time and try and remember what's in the freezer.

XO
WWW

Rob-bear said...

I'm so sorry to her you have (apparently) messed up your knee. I hope that rest and ice packs will help it get better.

Glad you and Lucienne's dog got on so well. You must truly be a "dog person."

And happy shopping! We have been changing our diet (i.e., our eating plan).I hope you find things that you truly enjoy!

Blessings and Bear hugs!
desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

Gail said...

I do hope that knee heals quickly. Does ice help reduce the swelling?