Thursday, August 08, 2013

In my wild imagination...

The last time I went to the grocery store, I tried for the first time to use the bank card of my new bank account, but when I put in through the scanner, I got the message that the card was invalid. Luckily, I also had the card for my old bank account and could pay with it. I called up my new bank when I got home to find out what the problem was, but they didn't understand it either and told me to try the card again at another machine.
 
Today I tried it again and got the cash I asked for, so the problem seems to be solved. It is the only hitch I have had since I changed banks and opened a new bank account, and I count myself lucky that all has gone so smoothly. My sister had asked me to let her know, so she could decide if she wanted to change banks also. I am, so far, more than satisfied with my new bank and the projects it invests in. I feel good about the fact that it is a bank that also invests in smaller projects.
 
I did the groceries early this afternoon and managed to get the foods I wanted without spending too much money. I discovered the diet variety of Tyke's brand of kibbles that I had not seen there before and I hope he likes it. I also bought a big package of decaf and I made myself a pot of coffee that is two thirds decaf and one third regular coffee and it tastes fine. It is my intention to always drink it this way. I can't tell by the taste that it is any different, because nowadays decaf does not have an odd flavor anymore.
 
I also bought many packages of Tuscan potato slices that will be easy to fix in the frying pan in the shortest amount of time. I did make sure I ate lunch before I went shopping and I made a list of what to get so I would not shop motivated by hunger and on impulse.
 
Last night, once I went back to bed in the middle of the night, I slept well and didn't get up until 8 o'clock this morning. I hope that, now that I am drinking so much decaf, I will sleep even better. I am getting sleepy while I am sitting here, but I think if I take Tyke for a walk in a little while, I will be soon wide awake again.
 
  
 
 

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Its embarrassing when that happens with a card, isn't it?
I find the thought of switching banks quite daunting. Its all the hassle with Direct Debits etc. and the way things seem to go wrong during the move.

I seem to have managed to lose half a stone just by cutting down on cheese and biscuits. Plus the fact that I don't seem to eat so much in a heat wave.
Food can make or break you, can't it?
Enjoying the cooler weather?
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

Ah, the Decaff Diva.

XO
WWW