Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scanning the horizon...

When you have just had you meniscus operated on, it is a good idea to not try to pick up your dog to put him on the examination table at the vet. I tried to do that and nearly blacked out half way through the attempt. The vet and his assistant came to my aid very quickly and took Tyke from my arms and deposited him where he was supposed to be. I recovered from that alright, but I do have a very sore knee now and wonder what damage I have done to it. I will be more careful from this point forward and remember to not try to perform any other acts of heroism.
 
Tyke had to get his vaccinations and he was a little intimidated, like he has been the last few times he has been at the vet's, but everything went well and I think he didn't even feel the actual shot. The vet checked his ears and eyes and teeth also and put him on the scale and Tyke has lost maybe an ounce or two. At least he had not gained any weight. Having him loose weight is going to be tougher than I thought.
 
School has started again and the elementary school children are passing past my open kitchen window several times a day. It is a good way of keeping track of what time of day it is. Some of them are quite noisy and I assume those are the ones who are not at all intimidated by going to school. The little girls squeal and the boys shout, and that's the way it has always been. When I was a kid, I would have been the noisiest and often got punished for it. I was a bit of a tomboy and did not squeal at all like a girl, but shouted like a boy. That's how my spontaneous me got zapped at the very beginning.
 
I think coffee that's not mostly decaf does not agree with me at all. That's how I made this last pot in order to get over the effects of the nap I took a while ago, but I don't like the way it is making me feel so on edge. I like the coffee better when it is milder and more decaffeinated. I have already gotten used to drinking it that way, even though I thought I would go through withdrawals. It wasn't so at all and now I am going to have to make a kinder pot of coffee. It will be done in a moment.
 
I think possibly, we eat and drink all sorts of things that are really not good for us and that, unbeknown to us, do us harm. I am very much aware of that now that my food is so much down to the very basics.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Big changes for you in the coffee department! I can only drink decaf these days, and sometimes not even that. One of the very last times I had a cup of caf, and it was many years ago now, I honestly thought I was going to leave my body. I was driving across town late in the day and felt really uncomfortable being on the road because the caf had wired me so much.
Take care of your knee! xoxo

VioletSky said...

I hope your knee is okay.
You managed to go off regular coffee quickly, after all!
I am drinking much less than I used to and don't think I ever went through withdrawals. But I could be in denial about that :)

Gail said...

I hope your knee is well.

Have a wonderful weekend.