Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Does it really have to be so?

I am drinking my mostly decaf coffee as fast as I can to become coherent, because my mind is still shrouded by veils of sleep and dreams I had before I was rudely awakened by the phone. Of course, there was no one there, because it is the midnight phone call I always get, but usually I remember to turn off the phone before I go to sleep, My mind should be working by the third cup of coffee and I am eagerly drinking it now.
 
My stubbornness prevents me from going back to bed and my curiosity has me staying up. I do want to know what the rest of the world is up to at this time of the night. Because of the different time zones, all sorts of people are up and about now, living their lives. That makes me a perfect candidate for Facebook and I take complete advantage of that.
 
I made an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on the 28th of August assuming my sister would be able to take me on that day and I turned out to be right about that. One thing I am very curious about is what damage I have done to my knee. I suppose I have hurt my meniscus again, but in what way I don't know. I hope the surgeon can shed some light on that just by examining it. He did not explain to me what he did during the surgical procedure, so I am in the dark.
 
I had pasta with a mushroom ragout and shredded fake cheese on top for dinner and it was so good. It was a good thing I only made enough for two plates full or I would have kept eating it. I have the appetite I had when I was young, but I don't think I have the metabolism to go with it. Maybe I need to be a long distance runner, ha ha! That's something I will never be.
 
I was an athlete when I was a teenager and ran both long and short distances. Unbeknown to me, or anyone else, I had exercise induced asthma, but still managed to come in first or second at a great price. People thought I was out of shape. I also did the long jump and various other activities, wherever I was needed. I was an all rounder. It got to the point where I did not appreciate this and that made me quit. Never neglect a kid that is trying her hardest.
 
That brings back many memories that I momentarily got lost in. When I was a kid, I wanted to become a grown up as quickly as possible, because I thought the adults in my life weren't doing such a good job. They did not take care of me the way they ought to have.
 
 

No comments: