Monday, August 05, 2013

Frankly, my dear...

I have the hardest time keeping my eyes open and all I want to do is sleep. I don't think I am supposed to spend my days that way, and I do try to stay awake drinking cups of coffee. It is possible that the coffee I'm drinking now is too old, so I am going to have to brew a new pot, but I really don't mind doing that. The most important thing is, that it will keep me from going back to bed where I just came from.
 
I am going to blame this need for sleep on the fact that I decreased my medication. I don't know what other reason there could be. I certainly is a strange side effect and I don't remember ever having had it before. But it is true that on top of that, it is another hot day and that also makes me feel lethargic. I very much would like for it to be about ten degrees cooler and for it to rain. I would go stand out in it gladly. And that is degrees Celsius.
 
I just got myself a cup of the newly brewed coffee and I'll see how much better it will make me feel. Because it's so hot today, I have had many glasses of cold lemonade, so I've had about enough of them. Tyke and I, and Gandhi too, are taking it easy today and are mainly trying to stay as cool as we can possibly get. Luckily, the bedroom is always a lot cooler than the living room and a pleasure to be in.
 
The caffeine is doing its job and I am temporarily revived. I don't think it's a long term solution and no doubt I will be sleepy again by the end of the afternoon. I suspect there is something in my diet that makes me feel lethargic too and I will have to start eating differently. I may have to get off the cheese and wheat products altogether. Since I am lactose intolerant, that may be a good idea. Maybe I don't tolerate gluten. I do always manage to eat vegetable soup with vermicelli okay, though.
 
I think I will switch to a diet of fruit and vegetables and that means I will have to go back to the grocery store tomorrow. Luckily, it is the right season for all kinds of fruit and it shouldn't be too expensive. I will have to see what kind of vegetables are available and in what form I want to buy them. If I buy them fresh, I will not be able to eat them quickly enough before they go bad. I may have to buy them frozen.
 
It seems I have just worked out a dietary problem. I really think it is the smartest thing to do.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

VioletSky said...

Eating all the foods you buy before they go bad is a problem when you live alone, I find. I also find I am exhausted a lot in the summer - the heat and the sunshine wear me out. It's quite annoying, really.