Friday, August 16, 2013


Tyke has completely forgotten that it is time to go for a walk and is sound asleep on the sofa. I am not disturbing him, because we can always go for a walk and I am enjoying sitting here with a cup of decaf. It's perfectly alright to upset the schedule every once in a while. As I write this, I realize that I am always the one who has the most trouble with that. As a matter of fact, I find that I'm a bit unsettled, but that could also be because of what my GP said to me this morning.
I saw her at 8:30 and told her that I thought I might have osteoarthritis, but after I told her about my symptoms and other complications, she said that it sounded more like rheumatoid arthritis and that she wanted me to have the various blood tests done for it. I donated blood with the assistant and will find out the results maybe as early as Monday afternoon. Then I will have to see my GP again and talk about the treatment and the various medications.
I am somewhat upset about this, because I understand what is involved with this disease. It is an autoimmune disease and causes chronic inflammation of the joints, which would explain why I have so much pain in so many places. It did cause me to finally reach for the paracetamol and ibuprofen again and I just took a large dose of both of them. I feel that they are beginning to work now and that is quite a relief. I didn't know what the right thing to do was, but now I know that these two medicines are the ones to take.
I have also got a fungus infection on the soles of my feet and my hands and got two tubes of cortisone crème for that. I have to apply it twice a day and it could be a couple of weeks before it is gone. I do have the patience for that, as long as it goes, because I look ridiculous now with all that peeling skin.  
Tyke is awake and we have to go for a walk now. The sun is shining and the warm summer day beckons us.


Gail said...

Enjoy your walk.

Yes, that can be bad news but sometimes it takes a long time to get "bad". I will hope for the best of news on the medical front.

Connie Rose said...

Oh dear...I'm so hoping it doesn't turn out to be RA. Whatever it is, thank god you have as much medical support as you do have. Hope you don't worry to much about it all, this weekend. Sending much love. xoxo

Wisewebwoman said...

I hope your walk was fulfilling.

Try not to worry until you have concrete results.

Stay in the moment, my friend.


Z said...

I'm sorry to hear than, it must have been a huge shock. You're already doing the best possible thing in changing to a really healthy diet and cutting out anything you're allergic to, so any treatment will have a good chance of making you feel a lot better, quickly.