Thursday, January 03, 2013

Home on the range.

After a, fortunately, non eventful journey, I am home again with the animals and I must say that it feels good despite the fact that I had such a good time in Houston and I could go back there in the blink of an eye. The long journey would not deter me at all because flying on an airplane was not the horror I remembered it to be. The seats were comfortable and I had lots of leg room. 

My plane landed on time so I was back at ny apartment at a reasonable time in the morning where Gandhi awaited me behind the front door. She was full of love and proceeded to sit on my lap at every opportunity she got.

That got to be a bit of a problem when the Exfactor brought back Tyke and he wanted to sit on my lap too. Gandhi really asserted herself and chased Tyke away but at one point they did both sit there, one on each knee. We made for a cozy trio.

I have unpacked my backpack but I have not really yet unpacked my suitcase except to get some presents out. I have been dealing with jet lag and this afternoon I slept for a few hours and that really helped. I then proceeded to have some coffee and now I am back to normal again.

I think the animals are back to normal also and have picked up their routine again. They have just eaten their regular portions of food and Tyke and I have been for a walk in the rain. They are now lying side by side on the area rug as if they are old buddies again. They had not seen each other for a while and had to re-assert their old status quo. 

My stomach is amazingly silent and I prefer it that way. Even the coffee is not bothering it but I do have to add that I made it a lot weaker than I made it in Houston with the freshly ground, dark roasted coffee beans that my daughter had.  I thought it was going to be difficult for me to keep drinking coffee but my fears are ungrounded. Thank goodness!

I had gotten used to being on the lap top of my ex and it is a little strange to work with this great big computer again. He is getting something completely different in the near future and he has promised me his lap top after it has been cleaned up and  had everything re-installed. I am looking forward to that. 

And now it is on to living life in Maastricht again. On with the next chapter.


Anonymous said...

Glad you're home in one piece, with your beloved animals. I'm impressed that you're already over much of the jet lag, though! When I come home from Europe, it takes me almost a week before my rhythms get totally back to normal - but maybe that's because I travel west to get home, to a later time zone, whereas you traveled east to an earlier time zone. Or maybe you're just quick to adapt to changes. Regardless - welcome home!

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so happy for you and the animals and that all is well in your world!