Thursday, February 14, 2013

Recycling...


The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
- Hubert H. Humphrey.


Last night, to help digest the delicious chicken, I went through the books on the bookcase and took out all the ones that I had read several times already, and the ones I knew I would never read in the first place. I also took out the ones with less than pristine spines. I was ruthless and did not think twice when I made my choices. I only wanted to be left with the books I still really wanted to read, or that were precious to me.

As a result, I now have 7 empty cubbyholes of the 25 in total that there are, and the books I do not want are packed away in boxes ready to be picked up by the people from the Recycling Center. In the empty cubbyholes, I will artistically place objects of interest, which I am sure I have enough of stowed away in this apartment. That may be a very optimistic expectation of me, but I hope for the best. 

This was all brought about by the Exfactor, who in a conversation about moving, helped me go through the items in the apartment that would actually have to be moved. We were trying to simplify the process as much as possible, and the bookcase is one of the major things to move, let alone the contents. 

In the meantime, I have to try and get even more organized than I already am and really get things down to the absolute basics. I am not going to move anything that is unnecessary to. Depending on where I end up, I may have more or less storage space and besides, it is silly to hang on to obsolete items. I will have to get things in pristine condition here before I move, but it will not be that much work, because most of it has already been done.
















1 comment:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

getting rid of things we don't need and therefore opening space for new things somehow gives us an excitement anticipation of things to come. i just know that things will turn out well for you and i'm excited to see that.