Friday, February 15, 2013

Making things clear.


Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Buddha 


Yesterday evening, I measured the rooms of my apartment, because when I looked at the floor plans of the apartments I am on the waiting lists for, I got no sense of their size and all the rooms looked small to me. Of course the measurements were in centimeters and I think I must still be thinking in feet and inches.

Once I had done my measurements and made a floor plan of my place, I could compare it to all the other floor plans and get a true sense of their size and it turned out that those other apartments were not small at all. All of them were at least comparable to mine and now I feel much more confident about being offered any one of them.

All the apartments I am on the waiting lists for, are in the center of town and everything that I will want or need to go to will be within walking distance, so I will seldom have to use my bike. I am looking forward to being right in the middle of where the action is and not out in the suburbs where it tends to be too quiet. 

Half of downtown is a pedestrian area and the streets around it are for one way traffic only, so it is a very user friendly place. I can not wait to walk around there with Tyke. 

No comments: