Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day two of the antibiotics.


Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.


I felt like someone had beat me on the upper part of my back with a solid hard stick when I woke up this morning. I had a bit of a hard time getting up and moving around for the first little while, but now I have figured out how to do it with the least amount of pain. That means I have to do as little moving around as possible and basically remain upright in one position and only move  the lower parts of my arms. And not breathe. 

There is something in me, though, that is very stubborn and that refuses to give in to this illness and I really want to act like there is nothing the matter with me whatsoever. I find that if I do not try to do anything too complicated, I can get away with that. I am sure that the antibiotics that are meant to cure an elephant, are helping me feel better. 

I have not taken an ibuprofen yet, for fear of an upset stomach, and I will try to avoid them, unless I get so sore that I really can not move around any more. I think avoiding lying down in bed is the better thing to do right now, although I may come to think about that differently later in the day when I have worn myself out breathing again. 

I will try To walk Tyke this morning, although that sounds like a huge undertaking that I may come to regret, but I can try it anyway. The cold frosty air may even make me feel better and kill the germs I am harboring. I think I will just make the assumption that it is the best thing to do. 

Of course, I am saying this after having sat here for a long time not doing anything but type and scroll down the page on Facebook. It may actually be really hard to get up and try to do anything. 




No comments: