Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And so it goes...


Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. 
Steven Wright .


Every day or so, I check the waiting lists for the 55+ apartments in Emmen and today I saw that on the shortest list, I had gone from the 7th position to the 4th in just two days time. It looks like I will be moving in the not too distant future and I hope I will have my finances in order on time. I have two irons in the fire and will hear about them shortly and know where I stand. 

I had a good look again at the floor plan of that particular apartment, and looked at the measurements, and in my head tried to put my furniture in it and imagine living there. It has actually got the most spacious rooms, because it is the oldest apartment building and they did not economize with space when it was built. The kitchen is bigger than what I have now and I think I can put the dining table and chairs in it, leaving more space in the living room to spread out the furniture there and have ample room for the computer. 

Tyke sat down in front of me and I looked at him and said, "Well, it looks like we are going to be moving soon." He wagged his tail and I guess that means that it is okay with him. Gandhi has not given her opinion on it yet, but she is harder to communicate with. 

I am fixing two very thick cuts of fresh bacon and they have been properly spiced and browned and are simmering on a low fire until they are very tender. Then I will fry the left over potatoes from yesterday and add herbs to them and enjoy a totally delicious meal. I will probably have to eat it in two stages with a little pause in between, but that is how the  Mediterraneans eat, so I will pretend to be one. 

I am actually still very full from the cake with whipped cream I ate this morning for the Exfactor's birthday and the whole fat yogurt I had for lunch. I also tried to drink a glass of buttermilk, but it proved to be too much, so I am going to eat dinner late this evening. 

I have to go and walk Tyke now, because we both need some fresh air even though it is cold, or maybe because of it. I feel I need the exercise and Tyke most likely does too. It is still light outside and that is the nice thing about the days getting longer. Ciao.

No comments: