Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting the mail.


It's all in how you arrange the thing... the careful balance of the design is the motion.


Well, a little trip to my mailbox turned out to be quite an undertaking and all I have to do is put my bathrobe on and open the front door and cross the community hallway to the outside door where all the mailboxes are. It was like I had been in a very exhausting footrace when I sat down in my chair again with the mail in my hands. My body is so absolutely protesting at any kind of effort it has to make, it does not really want to cooperate at all with anything I have in mind. 

I want to inhale the antibiotics so as to get well very quickly, but as of today I am only supposed to take one pill a day. I have to trust the directions on the box and believe that that one pill a day is going to cure me, but to tell you the truth, I have some doubts about it. I think you are supposed to take a lot of something if you want to get well fast. The next time the GP will have to prescribe me an antibiotic that I will have to take three times a day and that way I will think I am getting better quicker. 

Tyke is in sympathy with me and thinks he is sick too. All he does is lie around and sleep. He hardly wants to eat or drink and he is not playing with his rawhide bones or his tennis balls at all. He is not his normal chipper self, so I hope I am so myself soon, if only to cheer him up. 


Gandhi likes it when I sit in my armchair with the red fleece blanket over me, because she thinks that is the perfect place to curl up and take a nap. The Exfactor had brought the wrong cat food over for her yesterday and she stood on the kitchen counter, complaining very loudly whenever I walked in. Luckily, the Exfactor rectified this terrible error this morning and she is now full and happy. 

No comments: