Sunday, May 04, 2014

Stubbing my toe on the same stone twice

I can't eat peanuts. I ate some impulsively the night before last and I have been feeling like I am coming down with the flu ever since. I will the glad when they are completely out of my system and at the rate that I visit the powder room, they should be soon. I hope to wake up tomorrow morning and feel like my normal self again and not feel this general sort of malaise. It is a mistake I will not make again. I do wish I had an antihistamine, but I don't really know if I am dealing with a food intolerance or an allergy. The best thing of course is to avoid the food that I know I will get into trouble with.

I found out that people who have a lactose intolerance can eat cheese, as long as it is a well aged cheese that has ripened for at least 6 months. The harder the cheese, the better. I think I will try to eat Parmesan cheese and goat cheese. Goat cheese naturally has less lactose in it and it is a harder cheese. It would be wonderful to eat an Italian dish with some cheese in it. And a grilled cheese sandwich or a quesadilla would be good too. I do love to eat cheese, but then again, I loved all dairy products and they turned out to be bad for me. I had come to expect and live with the discomfort they always caused. 

I feel like taking on a project and I should anyway because at the end of the month my American ex will be here and I have to get things ready for that. I have some jobs to do before he gets here, but I feel like doing a bit of redecorating too and I hope I am inspired to this coming week once I start organizing things. Of course, normal life starts up again too with all the usual appointments and I am not at all looking forward to giving up any of my freedom. I always feel that I have to put on a public facade and I find that so tiring. I suppose I have to stop that practice as quickly as possible. 

I have to fix dinner. Tyke is telling me it is time to do so because I am running behind schedule. He is a creature of habit. 






1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

FYI goat cheese isn't always hard. They make the same variety of cheese with goat's milk as they do with cow's milk. Personally I can't stand goat cheese -- I can't get past the smell. Although most people I know are wild about it. That's just like me, always being the contrarian.
I totally resonated with what you wrote previously about you and Tyke, like you're an old married couple. So it is with BeeGee and me. My daily round is his daily round. We have a rhythm together that really works for us both. We have the best relationship I've ever been in. Plus, he loves me unconditionally, as I do him. What could possibly be better than this.
Hope you have a good evening. I'm just getting Sunday started. I need to shower next. xoxo