Wednesday, May 28, 2014

For the love of it

I have a totally free day coming up when I have no appointments at all with anyone and that is an exception for this week. I will have to take complete advantage of it and take a nap when I feel called to do so because I have not been able to in a couple of days. Of course, it is not as if I get so terribly tired during the day, although having a sore back is terribly tiring. I sleep well at night thanks to the new pain medication and I don't have to take any tranquilizers or sleeping pill at all. And I just think of the kind of shape I would be in if I didn't take the pain medication. Thank goodness for small favors. 

I started making a shopping list, but it is getting a bit longer than it usually is because I have to get food for two people instead of just one and a dog and a cat. My American ex will be here this Saturday and I want to get some of his favorite things to eat to start his vacation of right. He very much likes Dutch pea soup (which is unsurpassed in the world), so I want to get a big can of the best brand of that. It may not be the right time of year to eat it, but I can make him happy with that always. And of course, I have to get Dutch cheese, pre-sliced in a big package because he will go through that in no time. 

The shopping list has already gotten so long, that the Exfactor is going to need two runs to the grocery store to get everything and I still hope that I won't forget anything with my drug induced mind. Oh well, it is not as if we are incapable of going to the store ourselves to get whatever has been overlooked.  My American ex likes nothing better than to shop and try out new things, and that is why I am going to give him the use of the bike with the carrier bags, so he will always be able to easily bring things home with him. The seat on it just needs to be raised a bit still. 

I hope the weather will improve a bit because it has rained for the past two days and not a little bit either. I still have to air all the bed linens for the guest bed and I need a bit of a breeze and some sunshine for that. Whoever is in charge of the weather, needs to be appealed to, but maybe you have your own deluge to worry about. 


1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

I like that concept: Your Dutch ex shopping for your American ex. Why not! How long is AmEx staying this time? xoxo