Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Let me count the ways

After I saw my psychiatrist yesterday morning, I also saw my GP because I thought it was better if he had another look at my very sore back and that we should clear up some confusion about the state of it. This time we got down to the heart of things much better and I think it must be partly my fault that we don't always communicate well. He examined my back and we had a good explanative talk about it and what was wrong with it and what to do about it. In the end, I felt a lot better about the whole thing.

First of all, he prescribed a painkiller which is a combination of Tramadol and paracetamol and I can take a tablet once every eight hours. Secondly, he prescribed manual therapy, which I have had for back problems in the past and of which I knew that it works. 

Because the Exfactor was coming over to do some chores for me, he was able to stop by the pharmacy to pick up the tablets and I called the physiotherapy practice as soon as I had a chance. It turned out that the manual therapist could see me right away in the afternoon. 

Once the manual therapist started working with me, it turned out how limited I was in my movements and there were things I absolutely could not do. After the first session, I moved a bit smoother and easier, but by the time I got home, I felt like I had been run over by a bus. I suppose that is normal when your sore back gets pushed and twisted around. I have my next appointment on Thursday and in the meantime regularly have to do one exercise to keep my back loosened up. 

The painkiller is a very pleasant medicine to take, not only because it helps with the pain, but also because it makes me feel mentally so pleasant. This is the most "normal" I have ever felt without actually feeling any kind of a high. I can now understand why people get hooked on pain medication. I don't have to take any tranquilizers, nor would it be advisable to. I am relaxed enough like this and would like to always feel this way. 




1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

I do hope your back gets sorted and soon. Nothing like chronic pain. I've been there :(

XO
WWW