Saturday, May 17, 2014

Don't bother with the details

I can't spend too much time behind the computer because of the brightness of the screen. I am getting smart about my eyes and what makes them hurt, and if anything does, it is light. It not only makes my eyes hurt, but also gives me a headache and I know best how to avoid that pain now. 

I was sitting with sunglasses on inside yesterday morning out of sheer despair, when I realized that I was sitting in the wrong spot in the living room facing the windows. I moved all my paraphernalia to the little table beside the sofa, so I was facing away from the windows, and that was a lot better. To be totally safe, I not only rolled the blinds down three quarters of the way, but also closed the nearly sheer curtains. 

Of course, everywhere I go, I have to deal with the exposure to light and that is not only outside, but also inside all sorts of buildings and spaces. I have those sunglasses, but they are an inexpensive pair and are not prescription, so I don't see well when I am wearing them. In a way, I am exchanging one problem for the other. So yesterday, I went to Specsavers and ordered a pair of dark sunglasses to my specifications and I hope they will be ready soon. In the meantime, I will have to make do with the ones I have got and avoid light as much as possible. 

Well, who said that life wasn't one big learning experience and so it is. Unexpectedly you learn about all sorts of different subjects, some of which I could have done without. Murphy's law really does exist, doesn't it? If anything can go wrong, it does. You just have to sort of count on that. 


2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Our eyes are so precious you are respecting that. Good for you.

It must be so very hard though :(

Music and audio books?

XO
WWW

Rob-bear said...

Sorry to her about the problem with your eyes. That is a real nuisance. We need our eyes for so many things. I hope our new glasses are helpful.

Blessings and Bear hugs!