Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The forest for the trees...

My friend M. fixed the most delicious tomato soup yesterday and it really was the best I have ever tasted. I am not normally such a big fan of tomato soup and very often find it too acid, but this one agreed very well with me and my stomach is still happy from it now, many hours later. The basic recipe was not that complicated, but she added some Indonesian spices to it which I have forgotten the names of now and will have to ask her about again. She also added a lot of garlic and I think that was one of the things that made it taste so good. I will try to make this soup myself when I have people over. It is bound to be a success if I get it right.
 
I enjoy watching someone cook and like to see how they go about fixing the different dishes and how calm and organized they stay while they are also carrying on a conversation. You learn a lot from observation and pick up new methods on how to go about preparing things. You see that it is possible to fix dinner and entertain guests at the same time. Not everything needs to be done ahead of time, and although you do get distracted on occasion, this is not the end of the world. M. never got so flustered that she lost track of what she was doing completely, no matter how much we talked. And the result spoke for itself.
 
Tyke loves going over to M's house even though M's dog is now on her last legs. Tyke gathers all the balls and rawhide bones and other toys together in one place and acts like he owns them all. He is very well behaved and listens well and really wants to be a good boy. He is so very much aware of M's dog's condition and is very careful with her. It will be a great loss when she is gone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Z said...

Watching someone cook is a pleasure, they always seem so calm and capable. I'm intrigued by those Indonesian spices, I wonder if she'd share the recipe?