Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dark chocolate...

The Exfactor was evil enough to bring an orange flavored dark chocolate bar with him for me today, and needless to say, I had to eat the whole thing in about 5 minutes flat right after he left. At least I could contain myself until that time, but I did not want him to see how greedily I ate it. Dark chocolate is my downfall and not any of it lasts for any time at all if it is around me, because it will all be eaten immediately by me until it is all gone. Thank god it was only one chocolate bar and not of whole box of it. I think I have to hang a sign on the front door that says, "Do not bring any chocolate into this apartment." I will just assume that this is it for a while and that my American ex is not going to get any silly ideas like he did last year. 

I thought I was going to have a very serene and non active day, but it turned more interesting than I had planned because I downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu on my computer, but in such a way that I now have both it and Windows 8.1. I felt so good because of the tranquilizers that I was ready to add some excitement to my day. Of course, once I downloaded it, it took all sorts of fiddling and fine tuning with before I was happy with it and I wasted a few precious hours. Not that I had anything else to do. I do try to keep my life somewhat exciting as long as it is within the limits of what is still safe enough and not too crazy. I have no real good reason to do something like this other that that it is possible and it brings a new element into my life.

The Exfactor also did the grocery shopping with a carefully wrought list by me. I put red skinned potatoes on the list because I thought they were on sale, but apparently they were not. They will taste good anyway. My ex mother in law used to make a terrific potato salad with red skinned potatoes, but I am sure they will taste good with my vegetable stew also. Oh yes, that reminds me that I still have to do the dishes before I can cook dinner. My cup runneth over. Oh, the joy of household chores. 

Tyke is ahead of schedule and thinks it is time to go for a walk, but I am not fooled for one little bit. It is true that the weather is nice out there and the sun is shining. I think he is bored with me because I have been preoccupied for such a long time and have been neglecting him. 

I have to get back with my feet on the ground because right now I am floating a foot above it. I think the chocolate is partly to blame. I have to get back in touch with my surroundings and I will have to sit in my armchair for a bit and do nothing but contemplate my navel and visit with myself. Maybe petting Tyke for a while will ground me. A dog is a woman's best friend and there to remind her of what is important. We will go for a walk when I am solidly put back together again. 




No comments: