Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The distractibility factor.

Sometimes it is difficult to keep your mind on the subject that you are trying to deal with. Blogger has decided to publish my blogs in a different lay out and when I try to remedy it, and am unable to, I keep getting distracted by other activities on which I also can not keep my mind. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I have not had enough coffee yet and that so far I only drank half a cup of a luke warm one. I am about to take care of that and am making a pot of new coffee. 

It always comes down to the fact that I don't function well unless I have had my caffeine and that this is a necessary ingredient to my daily beverage intake. Whatever else I may drink, no matter how many glasses of tea, sooner or later there has to be caffeine. And I don't care if you do say that there is caffeine in tea. It is just not the same thing. Apparently, it does not have the same medicinal amounts of it that coffee has. 

I could eat a horse and this is despite the tasty and copious dinner I had. Apparently, there has been enough time since I ate it and my metabolism does seem to have sped up. I genuinely get hungry. It is not like I just feel like eating something. Because I have to think about all the food I eat, I have to choose carefully and not take in any empty or destructive calories. The food really has to matter. I think I will eat a plum and a pear and see if that will make my stomach happy. I can not think of anything healthier.  

In another month and one week I will be going to see my daughter in Texas. Her father will be there at the same time as I will and the three of us will hopefully have a good time together. We do as a rule all get along well.  Our daughter is planning activities for us to do together because she will have the two weeks off that I will be there. One thing she has planned is a holiday party for all her friends in order that they can meet her parents. I am very much looking forward to this and will try to make her proud. I am already planning on what I am going to wear. I do want to look good. 

I am in the process of buying Christmas presents and of course will have to buy something for my ex too, although I have no idea yet what to get him. I will have to go downtown and really look around. I already have presents for my grandson and one present for my daughter and I know which other things I am going to get her. All I have to do is go to the right store and pick them up. I also still have to buy Christmas wrapping paper. I do want to do the job right. 

It is a lot of fun to get ready for this trip because I have lots of planning to do and the time until I leave will fly by. It is impossible not to be excited about it because I get to be with some of my favorite people. Hopefully this will start a tradition and we will do this more often. It would be something very special to look forward to every year.

I have completely recuperated from my distracted state of mind thanks to a delicious cup of coffee. I knew that would help. 

In the morning I have to go see the doctor's assistance who will take the stitches out of my head and then I will be able to comb my hair normally again. I am looking forward to that. The Exfactor will be by for coffee and I think I have to go grocery shopping again. The list on the white board in the kitchen has gotten long amazingly quickly. If only money grew on trees.




4 comments:

Rudee said...

Irene, I think my blood is half coffee. Can't get through the day without it!

Wisewebwoman said...

My coffee intake has completely subsided, don't know what that's about as I would have so much before. I still love it.

I am so happy for you and this trip. Anticipation is wonderful, n'est pas?

XO
WWW

Bernie said...

So happy you are going to be with your daughter and grandson over the holidays. You will love it. Enjoy your coffee, it is the first thing I have in the morning. big hugs always.....

Gail said...

I have a family full of coffee drinkers and have never liked coffee. Could have something to do with associating the smell of coffee with morning sickness.

The trip sounds wonderful. Will you have pictures??