Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sometimes things work out differently.

I am going shopping downtown today instead of yesterday because my friend Lucienne had to cancell at the last moment. I didn't mind because it gave me time to go grocery shopping and to go to the pharmacy to pick up the right dose of the medicine I am decreasing. Going shopping today downtown will be lots of fun, I am sure, because there will be a crowd to elbow through although I think it will be a good natured one. As long as we get to sit somewhere and have a cup of coffee, all will be well. 

I made a grocery list of foods I had not tried in a while and that I really felt like eating. Of course there were other things on it too because I was out of lemon tea and trash bags and more necessities. I picked up a couple of cuts of pork and a few different dairy products that looked appealing and also a good sized piece of cumin cheese to have on toast and a couple of loaves of bread. 

When I got home, and had put away the groceries, the first thing I did was eat some lemon yoghurt and it tasted fantastic. As a matter of fact, I had more than my share of it and was very full but oh so satisfied. Nothing really bad happened and I think that is because I assumed there would not. 

Halfway through the afternoon I had a couple of slices of toast with cumin cheese and they agreed with me very well also. I think it is because I am throwing caution to the wind that they did. I think maybe if I worry that food is going to bother me, it does. 

I had invited the Exfactor for dinner because he had made a long trip up north on his motorcycle to see his ailing brother and on the way back he hit some very foul weather. I thought there would be nothing better then to have a hot meal ready to eat when he got back. He first went home to change clothes because he had gotten wet down to the skin and was dripping and cold. 

I prepared some of the pork and let it slow cook for a long time to let it get very tender so it would be easy to digest. I really have to get a good braising pan and that is the next thing I will invest in because it is also good to make a roast in. I also made fried spiced potatoes and the Brussels sprouts that I had left in the crisp drawer of the refrigerator. 

We had a delicious meal that was appreciated by all and for a change even Gandhi came by to get her share of the meat. Now that I know she likes that, I will put aside a small portion of it always so she can have some enjoyment too. After we had eaten our fill, we had to take a pauze and let our food settle a bit before we could have dessert.

I think whatever gastro-intestinal problems I had are over now and that up to a certain point, I can eat pretty much as I want. I think stress had a lot to do with it even if I was not aware of being stressed but I did worry about what foods I ate and about there being something seriously wrong with me. Maybe a lot of it was psychosomatic after a while although at the outset it was not. I am going to continue to eat whatever I want and is smart to and assume the best. I will cancel the appointment with the dietician.

All is well that ends well and I think this is a story with a happy ending and I am oh so grateful. I do have to count my blessings because there always turn out to be more than I expect. Suddenly life is not so complicated at all. Woohoo!


Gail said...

Good things come to those who wait.

Wisewebwoman said...

I love your food posts, and the fact that you are enjoying eating so much and not fearing the results.