Sunday, November 04, 2012

How things work out sometimes.

The best cup of coffee is that first one in the morning when I have just gotten up, although the second one also tastes very good. I think I really start to feel great after I have taken my medicines and I have been up for about an hour. That is providing I have had enough sleep and don't have to go back to bed for more. When all my faculties are in working condition. 

My bowel has pretty much stopped being irritated but as a result of when it was, I have lost a kilo in weight. I don't know if it was worth the trouble to lose the kilo. I really think it was not but I won't complain about it too much. I know I will not be eating spicy foods or Chinese food any time soon again. I really think those were too much of a good thing. Deviation from the norm may be adventurous but I do pay the price.

My friend Judy will be leaving for Amsterdam on her own today. She will be staying in a hotel there for a couple of days before she travels to Brussels. She has decided that there is too much to see in Amsterdam for a one day visiit and I agree with her. There are a lot of cultural offerings and she will need those few days to see as many as she can.

It means that I will have my life back to myself and in a way I am grateful for that. It was nice to have her here but it is a bit of a chore to share your space with someone else 24 hours a day. And you know how I am about my private life. I do like to fill it in the way I see fit and that is not always the way it fits someone else. But I have been a good hostess and a good conversasionalist and provided good meals and that's all anyone can do. 

I think I have changed my mind about moving back to my home town. I am going to sleep on it some more but I am pretty sure already. In the course of showing Judy around I have come to appreciate this place all over again and even had a very positive dream about it. I also have come to appreciate the people and things that I have here and come to realize that I can't give them up that easily. They have taken in their place in my heart. Even the horrible dialect sounds awfully familiar and dear now. 

The next big thing that I am looking forward to is the vist next month to my daughter in Texas. In my mind I have packed my suitcase many times and always make everything fit. It is a joy to have this trip to look forward to. My American ex-husband will be there for the duration of my visit too and I am sure we will have a wonderful time. One thing we are going to do is see a performance of Handel's Messiah. Such joy!


3 comments:

laurie said...

it's great to have a trip to look forward to! and i agree about that first cup of coffee: nothing better.

CorvusCorax12 said...

the trip sounds wonderful. Strange how when you have visitors and show them around, you have a new appreciation for your surrounding.

Rudee said...

My Cuisinart is a grind and brew. On days that I work, I set it to go off at 5:50 in the morning. My alarm is set at six. The aroma of the coffee brewing often wakes me up before my alarm. That first cup of the day is always the best.