Saturday, November 17, 2012

So that is also possible!

For a change I slept eight hours all in one stretch. I did not believe the time it said it was on the alarm clock when I woke up so I checked my watch. I did not believe that time either and walked into the living room to look at the clock there and then I had to conclude that I really did sleep that many hours. As a result I feel very content and oh so proud of myself. It feels like a personal achievement and not something that happened because I was tired enough. 

It is not that I actually had that much of a busy, fun filled, adventurous day yesterday. It was a quite ordinary day by my standards. I finished packing the last items in the chest of drawers but I was done with that in no time at all. Since I had organized it not too long ago, it was actually not that much work to get cleaned up and packed this time.

The Exfactor got five moving boxes for me from the hardware store and today I can start packing the things that are in the kitchen cabinets that I will not be needing for a while. I will have to go around the apartment and find other items to fill the boxes up with because there will not be enough in the kitchen for five of them.

It is a good thing that I had a trial subscription to one of the newspapers for two weeks because now I have enough of them to pack the fragile things in and that was purely by chance but meant to be. It also got me a small book by Kafka and I am giving that to my daughter to practice her Dutch with. I am killing two flies with one blow. Who says fate is not in play here?

I got an early reader "Ot en Sien" book for my grandson to practice his Dutch with because it is the one I learned to read with when I was in elementary school. He also speaks flient German so it should not be too difficult for him to learn to read and speak Dutch. I am going to make it a point to speak as much Dutch as possible while I am in Texas.

I have a feeling that I will not be bored this weekend which was a bit of a problem last week when I walked around with my soul under my arm. Which reminds me of the saying, "All those who wander are not lost," and which I have printed on one of my T-shirts.


2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am snatching two of your wonderful expressions from here, Irene.

One my own daughter could use as she gets negative feedback from her (my) friends in Toronto.

XO
WWW

Maggie May said...

So where are you moving?
Eight hours sleep must seem like Heaven. Can't remember the last time I slept that long.
Maggie X

Nuts in May