Sunday, January 24, 2010

A middle of the night update.


Last night Jesker followed me to the bedroom and even asked to be petted. I thought that was a major improvement. He went to sleep on his pillow, but when I got up, he was no longer there and I found him lying on the linoleum right by the living room door, which must be a very uncomfortable place for him to sleep, but I guess that's all the energy he had. Now he's not really reacting again and lying there as if he's miserable. He makes little sounds of discomfort every once in a while. I don't know what to make of it and there's not much I can do. I petted him, but he is sound asleep.

For those of you worrying that I'm up in the middle of the night, please don't, because I'll go back to bed shortly and sleep some more. I do get more than enough sleep as it is, napping during the day as I do.

Oh, Jesker just got up to be petted by me and has gone to sleep right beside me.

It's funny how little inventory you take of yourself when you are worried about something else. It's like I've suspended all that takes place inside of me and there is only room for my concern for Jesker. I have no idea how I am doing myself, except that I think I'm doing okay. I just don't pay attention much to myself and what goes on with me. I take care of what is necessary, but that's about it. I'm not worried if I feel up or down or happy or sad. Everything has been put on hold. I'm not even concerned about my health.

I just got sidetracked by LibraryThing. I started doing one simple thing there and before I knew it I was doing multiple things, such as adding favorite authors and favorite novels. It does get addictive over there, because there are all kinds of things I haven't done yet there, such as make a wish list of books I want to read. That may not be necessary, though. I know what I want to read still, but if you click on an authors names, you get a list of all the books they've written and it is mighty tempting to want all of them. Greediness gets a hold of me.

Well, I have to go back to bed now. First I have to eat some breakfast and take my medicines. The usual ritual in the morning, and then sleep. Blessed sleep from which not to wake up for a long time. I hope Jesker follows me again. I will feel better if he's lying beside me.

Have a good morning.

Ciao,
Nora

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Jesker is okay. I think it would be hard for anyone to sleep if our beloved pet was in discomfort. I know that you petting him brings him happiness. I hope when you wake up in the morning he is right there beside you.
XXXXX

CorvusCorax12 said...

sound promising to me to..baby steps.
Hope you get some rest!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Yes it's surprising how we can sometimes tune out of our own heads for having something else to concentrate on.

Poor dear Jesker. He is trying his best to be with you. Such love. I hope he makes some improvement today.

Bearfriend xx + xx for doggy

laurie said...

sometimes they love the coolness of the linoleum.

i hope he's better in the morning, dear.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I can't stop thinking about him, GSW, and sending you and he healing thoughts.
XO
WWW