Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shit happens too

It has not been the greatest of days, but I will blame it on the fact that initially I had a shortage of sleep and a very sore back. I got up early in the morning and had not really slept enough, but because I worry about things, I was unable to get enough rest. On top of that, my back was bothering me something awful no matter what I did, and the only way I could get comfortable was to lie down on my right side on the sofa. I should be glad that there is a comfortable position at least, so I do get some relief.

I dragged myself through the day, but could not get over the lack of sleep until later this evening when I lied down on the sofa and fell into a deep sleep for at least two hours. The Cowboy made sure that Tyke did not bother me, because he tried to keep wanting to wake me up by licking my face. I felt so much better after that long nap and emotionally I was in much better shape too. Just before I lied down, I had been about to become depressed. Things were to the point that they overwhelmed me. 

Sleep is always very restorative and just the thing that I need many times to keep me from going off the deep end. Many a good nap saves my sanity. When in doubt, go to sleep. 

I have ordered a taxi to take the Cowboy and me to the hospital for the tests tomorrow, as I will be unable to ride my bike there and my sister is tied up all day. I very much want to get the tests over and done with because it will be several more steps closer to solving the mystery of what is the matter with me. After that will come three days of waiting for the appointment to hear the outcome, but I will have to be patient. I am a bit of a nervous wreck while trying to maintain my composure at the same time. 

The Cowboy is a huge help and automatically steps in wherever I drop the ball. I don't have to worry about a thing. Everything gets taken care of and he tells me to take advantage of the fact that he is staying with me right now. Fate would have it that he is here at this time. The planning could not have been better. It is really serendipitous how life works out. 

Whatever happens, I will not have a defeatist attitude, unless I am really wrong about myself. 




1 comment:

Gail said...

I am glad you have wonderful people helping you.

Rest well.