Thursday, April 10, 2014

Can I borrow your head for a while?

One very big monster that was terrorizing my mind has been taken care of, at least to the point that I have dealt with the problem from my side of it. How the outcome will be, I don't know yet, but that is not in my hands. It all depends on the reaction of the other party and I will have to deal with that when the time comes. I can honestly say that I have given it my best shot after haven given it a great deal of thought before going into action, and something that was bothering me quite a bit will be resolved. Now, if I can deal with all of my monsters this way, I should be in much better shape in no time at all.
 
That does not mean that I don't need recuperation time. It is as with any other kind of illness and a person needs time to heal. I do intend to take full advantage of that and spend as much of my time possible resting my body and mind and not undertaking anything strenuous. I am finding that the time spent in bed is very valuable and that all the little naps I take are a blessing.
 
I take my tablet to bed with me and amuse myself with it in between naps. It is better than sitting up with it in my armchair in the living room because there are too many triggers there. I feel much safer in bed. I do remember to turn off the tablet before I doze off for yet another nap.
 
I really do wonder how many unresolved issues I have left to take care of. Looking back over time, I know that I have been struggling with myself for quite a while and that the monsters I am dealing with now are just the most recent ones. There are others looming in the background that are half forgotten that will require my attention when these most urgent ones have been taken care of. I must remember to not smother them by pushing down the lid on them. To pretend they don't exist would be a bad thing.
 
I do look forward to functioning in a more normal way again. At least to one in which I am comfortable with myself.
 
 

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

I hope you know you can email me anytime, if you want to. I'm always here for you. Much love.