Tuesday, June 11, 2013

When the going gets tough...

I have tried to perk myself up with a couple of cups of coffee and, although they have made me think straight, they have not created a lot of perkiness. I think I need some other kind of substance for that, but I don't exactly know what that might be, and if I am even in the possession of it. I briefly thought of pouring myself a stiff drink with the little bit of vodka that I have left, but that may not be such a good idea, given that I am not such a seasoned drinker and would be standing on my head in no time.
 
I rarely allow myself the pleasure of being under the influence of anything and becoming more relaxed and carefree and less in control, although that would be a pleasant state to be in. I wish I allowed myself that much relaxation and ease of mind. I know enough people who have a glass of wine or two at night to help them cast off the stress of the day and to help them sleep better, and I wonder why I can not do the same thing.
 
That's something to think about anyway, because now I try to alter my mind with cups of coffee and I don't know if that's a good idea either. They do end up keeping me awake longer than I had intended and probably make me sleep worse. I may be going about it all wrong and have to invest in some bottles of wine.
 
I would enjoy it very much if I would go to sleep in a little while and sleep until the morning. Sometimes I do get a little bored sitting up during the night because there isn't always that much to do, although I do my best to keep myself entertained. I think it would be so much better to spend the time asleep. Facebook can be interesting during the night, because that's when everybody in the States is active and I do have interesting enough "friends" to keep it entertaining.
 
Well, I am tired now, so I suppose I will start finding my way to the bedroom where the animals already are. Wish me luck on my quest for sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Gail said...

I do like being in control of myself. sometimes that is not such a good thing.