Sunday, June 23, 2013

Things to remember...

It is very important to never skip a meal, although the feeling of hunger does not always penetrate my thick skull. Sometimes it is just a feeling of unease and disquiet and not so much the sense of hunger that I feel, and I don't immediately associate it with having to eat. It is because it is the time of day to that I end up making myself a very healthy and filling sandwich and shortly after I have eaten it, my whole demeanor changes and I am in a much better frame of mind. It's like the difference between night and day and I think I must be suffering from a bit of low blood sugar to bring this about.
 
I do know that the sandwiches that I have been making with the thick slices of Gouda cheese and the lunchmeat on whole grain bread, satisfy me very much and as a rule fill me enough until the next meal. If not, and I start to wane before that time, I fix myself a couple of slices of bread with peanut butter.
 
You would think that with me eating all that whole grain bread, I would be gaining a lot of weight, but I'm not, although I have not weighed myself in ages and have no curiosity to whatsoever. I know I am still the same size, because all my clothes still fit me and I just, a few days ago, bought a pair of pants on line and they were in my usual size and fit perfectly. (These were to replace the ones that were cut up in the emergency room).
 
I don't want to diet to retain my shape and do want to eat when I am hungry. I have been eating some things that I normally don't because of my ex being here and him wanting to spoil me, but now that he is on his trip, I don't eat those things anymore, although some of them are still on the kitchen shelves. I am a firm believer in that if you eat sensibly and healthy, you never have to diet and will always have the body shape that naturally fits your build. A healthy diet shouldn't be about depriving yourself.
 
I don't want you to get the idea that I have the perfect body shape, because like any woman my age, I do suffer from the middle age bulge. It's a fact of life that I have to live with and it's not going away no matter how I eat or would exercise. I pay attention to other women my age and see that it's a common phenomenon. I think none of us ought to get upset about that and try to suck in our stomachs when we catch the image of ourselves in a store window as we walk by.
 
I have to go walk Tyke, because he is sitting here very patiently waiting for me to do so. I think I will wear my down filled jacket.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Gail said...

Have a wonderful day.