Thursday, June 06, 2013

It will happen sooner or later...

One of these moments, not too long from now I hope, I am bound to go to sleep, but for now I am wide awake and seem to have forgotten the way to the bedroom. My sleeping pill, that I've taken a long time ago, had no effect at all, and I'm sitting here as if I have not been slowed down at all. I know that if I wait long enough, and allow myself to get into the proper frame of mind, I will go to bed and sleep for at least a couple of hours.
 
But you know what? If I don't get enough sleep now, I will be sure to catch up on it in the morning, because that's when I always sleep the soundest. My nighttime activities keep me awake, because apparently I think this is the best way to spend the wee hours of the night. The darkness encloses me inside a little circle of light all of my own and it is cozy there. I do, however, seriously have to get into the mood to go to bed and sleep a little bit. I will mentally prepare myself now.
 
I do have a lot of ideas running through my head at night and it seems that my brain is the most creative when it is dark outside. I must have had nocturnal ancestors. I always feel like undertaking some big project and I have to prevent myself from getting into all sorts of trouble that I am going to regret in the morning.
 
One reason I chose the most basic layout for this blog, is that I would not constantly mess about with it, because that is something I would do in the middle of the night. I would try to track down free blogger layouts and try to download them and often ran into all sorts of problems while doing that. I was too stubborn to give up on that. Now I can't do it anymore. There is no messing about with this one. I hope I am smart enough to keep it, although I remember now that there are some interesting layouts for the basic design. Oops!
 
I never had the speakers of the computer turned on, because there was so much interference on them, until I realized today that it was because the base of the landline was sitting right beside one of them. I moved it one meter away and the buzz on the speakers was immediately gone and now I can listen to all the music and short films that everybody is always posting on Facebook. It improved my experience there a lot, because I was a bit frustrated about not being able to. And it turned out to be so simple to fix. I should have figured that one out much sooner.
 
I am going to have one more tall glass of orange soft drink and get into something else that will hold my interest for a while. If only there were something that would hypnotize me into a deep sleep.
 
 

No comments: