Thursday, March 07, 2013

Vanilla pudding.

Well, I think I will survive. Today is my 4th day on the antibiotics and I think they are starting to do their job. I am afraid to jinx the process and will not say that I am getting better until the doctor says I am on Monday, but my appetite has returned and that is something remarkable. I have been completely uninterested in food and have had to force myself to eat something now and then, but that has been a slice of bread with butter on it. 

Today I feel like eating something very good and I have been thinking about vanilla pudding all morning. The Exfactor is going to the grocery store for me in a while and I have put it on the shopping list. And, of course, I am getting chicken soup. That must be the most nourishing thing to eat right now. Maybe it will be a cure all in itself. 

Being sick and almost totally unable to do anything, sure gives you a lot of time to contemplate your life. You get to think about all the things you normally do not have time for. I certainly was confronted with myself and the finer aspects of my own behavior that I normally did not examine that closely. That was a real eye opener and I have come to a bunch of conclusions about it that I have already started to apply changes to. 

I think that maybe it was high time that I got sick so that I could have this time to contemplate. You can not go galloping through life and not take a big time out every once in a while to really think about what you are doing and if you are not doing it mindlessly. 

I am not as happy go lucky as I used to be, but that is okay. I am a bit wiser. 

7 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Yes, those times of reflection are good for all of us. Brings our lives up to the level detail management which can be very important.

Glad you're doing so well and pudding should help!!

XO
WWW

Cate Rose said...

It is true that being really sick is often what it takes to get a grip on our lives. Last year when I had the abominable flu, I emerged from it by changing my art media of choice. So you never know what's in store! Glad you're feeling better. Much love.

Gail said...

Glad you are better.

I don't believe I know an ex-factor as accommodating as yours.

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude. I often think the same thing about getting really sick--it lends fresh perspective to so much.

Maggie May said...

I hope you feel heaps better every day.
The Exfactor is a real friend.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Naperville Now said...

hope you are able to continue to take it easy and get well (and get some vanilla pudding, too.) read and rest.

Rudee said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.