Tuesday, March 26, 2013

All in a day's work...

Well, I successfully donated a vial of blood this morning at the doctor's office to see if that bacteria that I always forget the name of does indeed inhabit my stomach. It was done easily and painlessly and I was in and out of there in just a matter of minutes. Then it was home again for a little while until I had to leave for my appointment with the optometrist at Specsavers.
 
It was cold on my bike and I had to take an alternate route to get downtown because work is being done on the main artery though town, and that meant going further and getting colder. I did end up where I had to be without getting frozen solid because I was dressed well enough while still looking fashionable. I did want to make a good impression and not like just anybody who came walking in off the street.
 
I was going to get my varifocal lenses for free and get 30% off the frame and I picked out a nice one, so I was all set. Then I had to do the eye test and that is where the trouble started. My right eye had indeed gotten worse, but the optometrist thought there might be another problem besides just needing stronger lenses. He wanted me to go see the ophthalmologist and wrote me a letter for him with all the details in it about my case.
 
On my way back, I went by the eye clinic and showed the assistant the letter and made an appointment which will not be until April the 12th. Then I also had to go back to the doctor's office to get a letter from him recommending that I see the ophthalmologist because otherwise the insurance company will not pay for it. All of this was easily and quickly taken care of and I was home again before noon.
 
The optometrist had asked me if there were any eye problems that ran in the family and I told him no, but since then I have talked to my niece and she reminded me that my older sister had cataracts which she had done nothing about, as was typical of her. I will have to mention this fact to the ophthalmologist, not that I wish I had them. No, not at all. I actually I hope there is nothing the matter and that I just need stronger lenses.
 
My eyes are actually much worse than I remembered they were and the strength of the corrections is pretty high. I was a fool not to wear my glasses all the time and I now regret that.  
 
Those have been my adventures for this day and I think they are enough for now, although at this point I am ready for whatever comes my way. I am feeling feisty and unafraid of anything because I know there is a solution for it all.

No comments: