Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Writing off the top of my head...

I have been given the okay by the orthopedic surgeon to start riding my bike again, providing I don't ride it in too low a gear. I'm not supposed to make it too difficult for my knee. Actually, I think riding a bike is a good exercise and I can't wait to go to the grocery store on it. I have to buy some bread and that will make a good outing because my bike will not be loaded down with bags of groceries and there are no inclines to have to get up on.
 
It has been a while since I have been to the hairdresser and it is time that I make an appointment. I waited a bit longer before I did because I wanted my hair to get to the proper length. I didn't mind too much at first when it was cut so short, but decided later that it was more flattering if I let it grow longer a little bit. Now it is and all it needs is a little trim. I will call for an appointment today and try to get in as quickly as possible.
 
I am still on three waiting lists for an apartment up north. I had taken myself off the short term lists because I was not ready to make the move yet, and recently I have taken myself off the lists for apartments with only one bedroom. I realized that I will always need a guest bedroom, what with people from overseas coming to stay.
 
At the rate I am moving to the top of the lists, I am looking at a time frame of another half year and then I will really have to make a decision. A shortage of money is still a bit of a problem that I have not sorted out yet and I am willing to accept donations.
 
I will not be going to my daughter in Houston for the holidays this year because she is making other plans. She did say that maybe it is possible that I come for Thanksgiving, but I would have to pay for my own plane ticket, which is impossible, of course. Needless to say, I will make different plans and maybe I will be moving at that time.
 
In the end, you should always do what you think is right for you and make your own plan. If you try to calculate in what you think are the wishes of other people, you will end up in the wrong place.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: