Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Facing another kind of reality...

I think yesterday, when I stated so bravely how well I was doing after my surgery, I must have been under the influence still of the general anesthetic. I thought I was still doing pretty good this morning,  but now, at the end of the day, I really feel the pain in my knee, this despite the fact that I have been taking the paracetamol every 4 hours. I suddenly, or rather, little by little, don't feel all that great anymore and I am glad that I am going to the clinic tomorrow morning to have that huge bandage removed and have my knee looked at. To tell you the truth, I am going to be a bit scared to look at it myself.
It was another hot day today, but just now clouds moved in and in the distance there was some thunder. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and be a bit cooler and I, for one, can't wait for it to be. The fan has been blowing cooler air through the living room all day and I had the front windows and blinds closed most of the time to keep it cool in here and that seems to have worked. Tyke discovered the benefit of the fan and has been lying down in the cool breeze of it most of the day. A while ago I finally opened the kitchen window because it was cool enough to.
I am getting cabin fever already, this despite the fact that moving around is uncomfortable and the pain reminds me that I really can't do anything. I am bound to the sofa and the computer and to the latter for small periods of time. I appreciate the fact that the Exfactor is walking Tyke now that it is so hot outside, but I'd love to be able to do more myself. The apartment is getting a little bit messier because I don't clean up after myself as well. I can't be bothered to undo the messes I make. Any time I spend on my feet is too much.
Because this is so exhausting, I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. I have hardly ever wanted to go to bed as much, at least not recently. It is too hot to sleep with the duvet on until it becomes morning and then I need it for a little while. Tyke seems to think that it is coolest underneath my bed and that is where he sleeps. Gandhi sleeps on the folded over duvet.
I have to eat something before I call it a night. I will make myself a delicious sandwich and use French mustard instead of the mayonnaise that is almost gone. I don't think Tyke will want a bite of that.

1 comment:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I'm glad you got through your surgery okay and that Tyke has someone to take care of him!
Hopefully you'll ease into recovery and be up to snuff in no time...