Thursday, July 25, 2013

Post-op optimism...

I would very much like for my daily life to get back to normal as quickly as possible, because I don't like it when things are not like they usually are. It's maybe ok for them to be discombobulated for a day, but after that my patience has worn out, and I want to pick up where I left off.
 
I am glad to say, that my post-op knee is improving pretty much by the hour now and that I find myself capable of ding more all the time, albeit in little steps, but I am an optimist and see them as major improvements. I do have to take the pain medication, but I figure since I am allowed to, that is part of the equation.
 
I had the bandage removed and my knee looked at yesterday, and much to my relief, it looked wonderful. There was no swelling, nor hemorrhage, and the tiny little cuts were already healing  themselves. That was so much better than I had hoped for.
 
I was told that I only had to use one crutch from that moment on, but when I got home, I found out that I got around much better using no crutches at all as long as I don't make any unexpected moves. I haven't ventured outside yet and won't for a while. All the moving around I do is inside where I can sit down whenever I feel like it.
 
I won't be walking Tyke for a while yet, but I should be able to by next week and I am looking forward to that. Cabin fever is no good for anything. I was able to do some much needed household chores yesterday, and I was relieved about that, because things were starting to pile up.
 
I am almost a happy camper, and I will be when I can go outside and especially when I can ride my bike again. That will be the ultimate test.

No comments: