Saturday, February 15, 2014

Waking myself up....

By writing this blog post I am hoping to wake myself up, because the coffee is not doing it. I am also drinking lemonade in the hopes that the sweetness will help my brain function better. It has been known to work in the past, so I am putting my faith in it, and already I think I notice a difference, but I may just be imagining that. It doesn't matter if I only imagine it, as long as it works in waking me up. Maybe it does only have a placebo effect, but so what. The lemonade tastes very good too and that is a nice benefit of this cure.
 
I am writing this on my PC, because writing this on my tablet would be too much of a bother with the little built in keyboard, but I do everything else on the tablet now in my lazy armchair. I find this to be such a luxury, that I can't imagine doing it any other way. I am sure that I am saving a lot of electricity to by not firing up this PC, which uses up so much more energy. The tablet runs silently and I can't say that for the PC.
 
My new friend Mathilda was over here yesterday morning and we had so much to tell each other that we were both very sorry when it was time for her to go. We are like two people in love who can't get enough of each other. We have so much catching up to do on each other's lives that we will need to spend lots of time together. We both think it is so fortunate that we really got to know each other well and are sorry that it didn't happen sooner, but timing is everything in life. Maybe it is serendipitous that it happened now.
 
It again goes to prove that life is unpredictable and that you never know what to expect, but all things seem to be predestined and have their own timing and happen when they are most needed and when you are capable of handling them. That is becoming more and more my belief and I am not sure which set of belief systems that belongs to. I do know that you always have to be prepared for them and you can't not be on your toes and not be ready to receive them. You have to be constantly ready to welcome whatever is about to enter your life. I don't mean by that that you have to accept everything, because you are perfectly welcome to reject certain things and people too. You do get to choose.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

So glad to hear about your new friend. How/where did you meet? Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

Betty Bishop said...

Morning Irene,
I have an ipad and a portable keyboard which makes it totally decadent! I don't know who made your tablet but I expect they all have the rather inexpensive keyboards.
Betty