Sunday, February 09, 2014

Maybe that's the better way...

I am used to taking my antidepressants at two different times of the day, half of the dose in the morning and the other half in the evening. Now that I feel so steady most of the time, I do notice that I always feel better after I take the second dose in the evening and that I am a bit more lively then. There is no golden rule that says that the way I take my antidepressants now, is the only way to do it and I could also take them all at once in the morning. I don't know how that would work for me for the rest of the day, but I am going to take them all at once in the morning next and see how well that works for my general mood for the coming 24 hours. I feel I have to do a bit of experimenting since the antidepressants are supposed to be time released capsules. It would be good to be a bit more lively during the day and not in the evening when I don't have to be. I generally don't go to bed that late and don't need to be full of spit and vinegar at night.
 
Having made that decision, I feel a lot better and it does seem to make sense. My psychiatrist had mentioned taking them like this at one time, but I thought then that maybe it was not a good idea for me and that I would have more control over my moods if I did it the way I always had. I may turn out to have been wrong all this time. There is such a thing as being too stubborn and not wanting to listen to reason. That is a problem I have and at times I can be unreasonable without really having a leg to stand on. It's a habit I must get over. It's funny how you get a brilliant idea and never thought that made sense before, while, after you think of it, it doesn't make anything but. It is like you have gone through life with blinders on and someone has finally taken them off.
 
Other than that, nothing else of earth shattering proportions is happening in my life. Everything has settled down to a dull roar and nothing seems very complicated anymore. I run into the odd obstacle now and then, but they are of the human variety and come with life and the business of living. I am reading a very fat book about a 1,001 women in Dutch history and I like reading about the ones in the last 150 years the best because that is when feminism really started. Feminism is a subject I can really sink my teeth into right now and I like to read about the achievements of women as far back as the 19th century and through the achingly dull years of the 1950's when we lost ground.
 
I keep thinking that today is Monday, forgetting that I have a whole other day off. Hurray!
 
  
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Rob-bear said...

So, more experimenting with the meds. If you have lots of energy in the day, and slow down in the evening and night, that might be a very good balance. All a matter of what might work best.

Blessings and Bear hugs, Irene!

Maggie May said...

I'm at my best in the mornings!

Glad you are getting the meds to your satisfaction on the long journey of discovering exactly how your body responds.
Wondering if you are getting our storms and down pours. We are all heartily fed up with the way its affecting so many lives.
Maggie x

Nuts in May