Saturday, December 15, 2012

The possibilities.

I must be doing something right because I slept for nearly ten hours last night and had the same amount of disbelief when I woke up and looked at the alarm clock that I had yesterday morning when I slept so long. I could really make this a habit because it makes my subsequent day such a nice and well rested one during which I do not have to lie down in the afternoon to take a nap. That saves me the trouble of waking up in a fog and having to revive myself with cups of coffee so I can function again and finish the day. 

Yesterday was a nice enough day during which I took care of little details such as making sure I had enough medicines packed to last for my whole trip. I am bringing a backpack on board the plane with me to carry the most precious things that should not get lost in a suitcase that may not make it to its destination on time. That happened to me once and the suitcase and I did not reunite until I was back home again.

I am, in the meantime, receiving Christmas cards in the mail and I had forgotten all about that possibility. I had not planned on sending any this year but so far have been able to send return cards with what I had left over from previous years. Luckily, I do have stamps and have been able to mail them right away and make daily trips to the mailbox with Tyke. At least this year I am in the proper spirit and send them in the true meaning of Christmas. 

Oh yes, I got my hair cut and it turned out well. Beside it being a nice outing I have the hairdo I want as well. It is shorter on the sides and in the back and easier to manage and I can now wear my knitted hat without it ruining my hair too much. In the end I always like easy to manage hair the best as long as it is also flattering.

I am aware as of this morning of the shooting that has taken place in Connecticut. It is of such a horrible nature that I hardly know what to say about it but I know that much already has. Words fail me and I can not do justice to what I feel inside of me. It is too enormous to comprehend. I hope there will be drastic reforms in the United States but I fear for the worst. God bless the little children.

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

When are you leaving for TX? I wish you a very lovely visit with your daughter and family, hope your flights are convenient and easy, and that you have a beautiful holiday. Much love.